• Everything other than hot peppers. Questions, discussion, and grow logs. Cannabis grow pics are only allowed when posted from a legal juridstiction.

What is going on here?

This is only on my Neyde X plants and for the most part, to the top of the plant.  Plants look extremely healthy otherwise.  Just not sure what this is as I have never seen it before?

0307neyde1.jpg

0307neyde11.jpg

Odd that this didn't show up until I potted up to gallons and started top watering.  They were getting more water in the 3 /12 pots when I would bottom water.  

I will cut back and see if it reverses.  Just glad it wasn't a critter.

Thanks all.

Agree - edema. Since you're growing in pots, that makes things easy to adjust. First, leave them alone until the leaves droop just a tad. This is the driest state they should be in. Lift the pots a bit off the floor - your goal is not simply to pick them up, but to guage how heavy they are. After that, water them thoroughly, then lift again. You'll notice how heavy they are at this point. Wait a few days and pick them up again - are they as light as they were at their driest? If not, don't water yet. You'll want to go through several cycles of judging the weight to the point the leaves droop a bit before you have a good idea of how often they really need watering just by picking them up. Note that not all plants uptake water at the same rate, so don't plan on watering them all at the same time. You'll need to let each plant tell you individually when it needs water.

Here is a question . . . where are your plants?  My first year growing, I had really bad aedema, and it is not necessarily exclusively overwatering that causes it (technically, you could still call it overwatering, but you will see my point in a second), but also the humidity in the growing space.  When I installed an exhaust duct fan in my grow tent, the aedema went away.

Back