• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

What is happening to my pepper plants

The only thing I have done lately is cut back on watering which made them start to grow much better and
added some Fish fert which only using like once every few weeks the first pod is the second on that plant that looks like that.
It just happen over night I did not notice it last night at all.

OK here is the first plant its a Trinidad Scorpion butch t this is the second pod that this happen to

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

The next one not sure if these 7 pots are getting ready to ripen but here is the marks on them.

and last the Reaper pepper with a funny color to it too.

It's hard to tell in the first pic because its out of focus. Is there a hole in the pod? If so, something took a bite out of it.
The second pic looks like a little sunburn on the pods. I have that problem here in Florida but I'm not sure you should be having it as far north as you are. I haven't raised 7 pots before so I don't know how sensitive to sun they are.
I wouldn't worry about the reaper yet. Your going to have variation in them because they are hybrids.

Yeah it looks like something took a bite out of the pod in the first one kind of hard to get a clear shot of it almost like a small bite then it dried out around it. any clue as to what it could be I don't see anything in the garden. The sunburn on the 7 pods could be right last week we had some 90's and this week it is much cooler.

I will try and get a better shot of the Scorpion I think I am going to pull it off anyway.
So here is a new pic of the first one I pulled the pod off the plant.

Looks like a like a little more than bug damage to me. Almost looks like something took a chomp, got a taste of poison and retreated to high ground. Lol! Deer in the area? I have a couple small plants i kind of gave up on because they weren't in the fence and deer had been snacking no them a couple time a week. A few weeks back i noticed a couple of them were starting to throw pods and what ever it was decided to try a few. Needles to say it hasn't been back. Lmao! Would love to know what it thinks about my tasty treats now because thats one hell of a surprise.lol
The rest look like sunburn but will be fine and i bet your culprit won't be back for more. What i want to know is how do those bugs eat through them. I've came across a few that have holes drilled all the way through. I sure wouldn't want to crawl through all that capsaicin. Lol

Back