• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

What is this, and how do I get rid of it.

I started noticing something eating my leaves on one of reapers last week, and tried to pick off the affected leaves. That hasn't seemed to work, and I'm afraid it will spread to my other plants next to it.

if its isolated to random leaves here and there... and you dont see any caterpillar turds anywhere, its probably leaf cutting wasps or some other flying insect.

no clue what sort of wasps do this, but i know its done to my plants occasionally..

small caterpillars seem to leave the veins of the leaves intact. thats a clue right there for teeny tiny caterpillars.

the turds are the best give away though.

a few damaged leaves is nothing. clearly they didnt really like it or the plant would be stripped. dont worry about it.  plants cant run from injury so theyve adapted to endure it.

Reactions: DMF
a few damaged leaves is nothing. clearly they didnt really like it or the plant would be stripped. dont worry about it.  plants cant run from injury so theyve adapted to endure it.

It's way more than a couple of leaves, that's just what I took pics of. I would say 2/3s of the leaves on the plant have been eaten or eaten on.

Back