• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

What is this?

I have no idea what this is, and its killing my sons plants. Yesterday morning, they looked beautiful, last night, not so good, today, leaves falling off and this bubbly, yellowish stuff is on the underside of the leaves...the exposed side of the leaves on some of the plants look yellow in places where this stuff is. It does not seem to be an insect, is it a fungus of some sort? The plants are dropping leaves left and right...keep in mind, these were all gorgeous yesterday morning! These are about 5 week old plants...some early jalapeno and some biker billy jalapeno...hmm, it seems to be confined to his jalapenos only....could be a coincidence, they are all in the same tray...but, they are with a couple other varieties.

nasty1.jpg

nasty2.jpg

Shane

well i have to say the description of Oedema certainly sounds like the problem, except we wait til these things are bone dry and the leaves start drooping before we water them....so i dont understand how the could be watered any less and survive. oh well, i hope the rest of the plants dont do this. we are starting to plant out so maybe they wont.

I get Oedema on plants I keep in basement because of the humidity. It's definitely what you have, my plants two weeks ago looked exactly the same until i started putting them outside during the day (and over night if warm enough) and not it's all but gone.

ok, well outside these will go today then. they do look better this morning. no more leaves have dropped and they are perkier and just look better. i will be planting everything out over the next week. thanks for the help.

If the plants have been growing under artificial light make sure you harden them off before leaving them out in the sun all day.

Back