What Is Up With My Bhut Jolokia?

Hi there.  First year grower here and I am just wondering what may be up with my Bhut Jolokia plants.  The 2 pictures are from 2 different plants and both have the same defects.  The first pods on each plant appear to be something other than Bhut pods, and then the rest look like what they should.  Both plants are beside each other in my raised bed.  The bed in question is 2 feet wide by 20 feet long, and has 28 plants in total, of which are of various types.  All the leaves are touching each other, because I did not know better as a first year grower.  I had originally thought cross pollination, but there was only 1 on each plant.  Anyways, I appreciate any feedback and or help you may be able to give.

Pod in question on left, actual Bhut lookin pod on the right.  Also the pod in the back behind the branch is a very healthy looking Bhut pod as well, as are all the others on the plant.
6gjEhnc.jpg

Pod in question on right and actual looking Bhut pod on left behind branch

p0EbJVl.jpg

Your plants look super healthy.  Good job getting them to this point.  Don't worry about your first peppers and their size or shape.  Like AJ said, first peppers may look nothing like they're supposed to.  Much depends on the weather and temps.

My first peppers were short and squat, lots of heat, but ugly.  Just pick them, use them, and wait for the temps to get warmer and you'll see the wonderful peppers you're waiting for.

hey obchili  great looking plants, i had two red bhut jolokia (lost one today cause of the wind) very sad. but the pods are all different shapes and size's. just like alabamajack said, the first few pods are usually weird looking, as long as the rest grow true it should be fine. ill have some pics up in my glog of my bhuts tomorrow, if you would like to see. ill take some pics of the weirdly shaped bhuts as well

Back