• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

favorite What is ur favorite pepper?

Hi everyone I havent tried a whole bunch of peppers so kinda tryna get a feel of what peppers people prefer so i can try to find someone who has them and try them myself....I love trying different peppers! Now for me i love the fruity/sweet type of peppers with LOTS of heat! I tried a Butch T and OMFG i HATED the taste but loved the heat that came with it!

As for my favorite pepper so far ive tried i'd have to say

Taste: Chocolate Habanero

Heat: Moruga

But i have to say i tried Ed Curry's Reaper Puree and that stuff was the best ive ever had but i haven't had a chance to try a fresh pod yet but the taste and heat on the puree was FANTABULOUS!! If the Reaper taste just like the puree (bcuz i dont know if he adds anything else to it) the Reaper would be my favorite in both taste AND heat.

SO whats ur favorite pepper?

chocolate habs are my favorite pepper. perfect heat level for me and i love the "dirt" taste.

i do think the jalapeno is very close though? it is the most perfect pepper ever! tell me another pepper that gets used so much for so many awesome things.  and its hard to eat 3 dozen scorpion poppers :rofl:

I don't really like jalapeno taste and not much heat to them at all but u are right it would be hard to eat 3 dozen scorpion poppers lol!!

Lemon drop is great !!!!   sure not super hot but great.

same as Bishop's crown   nearly no heat bust taste wise BOOM !!!  very good

for hotter stuff  FATALI is great and any yellow 7 pot  
 but there is so much...  you WOW of today will be kicked out tomorrow

I agree with hammerfall chances are you arent going to eat the superhots fresh so you are going to most likely make sauce. if you want to add heat to stuff check texascreekproducts.com and get a bottle of pure evil great stuff use it all the time

For superhots, the best combo of heat and flavor I've had is still the 7 Pot Jonah.  Now if you are willing to sacrifice a little heat (while still staying on the superhot scale), Yellow 7 Pots and/or Yellow Moruga Scorpions are tops for me in taste.

most people do not eat the pods fresh maybe but i sure do lol i eat them with my food....i plan on doing some reviews soon just waiting till i buy my SLR camera as soon as it comes out

this question pops often here....   from what i read here and there there is a lot of peppers that grabs attention for taste.

most of them are fatalii, datil and lemon drop... usually those Yellow and orange pods have a better taste for a lot of people...

but in nature there is a lot of taste for a lot of different person!

my personnal Favorite (taste wise) to this date are: Aji Lemon drop, bishop's crown, Peach Bhut (very hot to handle)
My Favorite for powder are : Aji lemon drop, Cayenne, Espelette. ( Bhut scorp and 7 pot mix to make good super hot powder)
My Favorite for body destruction:  Reaper, Douglah and my personal brown pepper cross ;) 

But things can change quickly cause i have 40 + variety this year that i havent tried yet!

anyway my advice  try as much as you can and make yourself your top list and share it with otehr as year pass by

VERY nice advice there and i plan on trying all kinds this yea but not very easy to find them lol....hopefully i can find someone with Lemondrops, Datils, Bishop's Crown and fatali's. Havent tried a reaper yet but want to :)

WILD BRAZIL
JAMAICAN HOT CHOCOLATE HAB
AUSTRALIAN LANTERN HAB
AJI PINEAPPLE
AJI OMNI-COLOR
CGN 21500

THESE ARE MY TOP FAVORITES BUT THERE ARE A FEW MORE THAT I JUST LIKE

THANKS YOUR FRIEND jOE

As I have never tasted a Aji I can only say

Best and most unexpected flavor:

• Brazil Tepin (is this the same as Wild brazil?) Damn things are like candy with fire...

Best pepper for cooking/saucemaking:
  1. Chocolate Habs. 
  2. Datil
and I may be weird but being of Hungarian descent I freaking LOVE Paprika!!!

Back