• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

health What is wrong with my DWC 7 pot Doughlah? Edema?

So i bought this 7 pot chocolate doughlah from a garden store by my house and it was root bound and not doing very well and i threw it into my 5g DWC bucket and it is growing like crazy lots of flowers about to pop! but all of the leaves are slightly deformed. they are on 12/12 now my PH rises from 5.8 to 6.3 as the ppm lowers then i bring it back to 5.8. My temps are decent (as far as I know). 72 at night with light off 78-79 with light on. PPM starts at 500 then I let it lower until I change the res. Any input is appreciated. Using a 150watt hps

53tdh4.jpg

epj5ox.jpg

n5g2u8.jpg

2zhe33t.jpg

4gnpqd.jpg

ayahbm.jpg

Take magnifier to those leaves and check for mites or other pests. Or take a close up photo with your phone and then zoom in. Sometimes it is enough to see small detail on leaves.

My £0.02

Good luck!

Brownbhutlah said:
Yeah I have done that I don't believe it is pests though. Im leaning towards edema but I have no idea what todo to fix it
Bad air flow causes oedema.

If it is oedema, water less and get the fan to them or take them out in the fresh air to help them dry out and clear it. They should recover.

Sure looks like edema. You can't really "water less" with DWC but like honey badger said you need to get proper air circulation drops decrease the humidity around the peppers. This will prevent edema from forming on new growth.

Back