• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

health What is wrong with these leaves

Hmm.... my first thought is too much change in lighting conditions too quickly. Other than simply repotting, did anything else change, such as did you put it outside or is it now closer to your lights than it was before? Soil or fertilizer change? How do the undersides of the leaves look? 

The undersides of the leaves look fine.  I didn't put it outside or change the lighting.  If I was burning the leaves by having the plant too close to the light, I imagine the top leaves would burn, not two of the bottom ones.  It is possible that the soil that I used to fill the bucket wasn't the exact type that I used in the small clay pot, but it is good soil—my Trinidad Moruga Scorpion is thriving in that same soil.  I'm following the same fertilizer regimen (1/4 strength nutes every other watering) that I have been using. 

My only suspicions are over-watering and/or bad drainage.  On Wednesday, when I transplanted it, I planned on soaking it until water came out of the bottom holes, but after A LOT (I think around 8 cups) it still didn't drain, so I gave up, thinking more water would harm it.  Not sure what the drainage issue is—like my scorp in the same type of bucket, 4 holes have been drilled in the bottom, and I have some rocks at the bottom.

I didn't physically scrape them in any way. Maybe I damaged them by pouring the fertilizer infused water directly on the leaves. This could explain the situation, as I wouldn't have touched any of the top leaves with the water.

Back