favorite what is your favorite beverage

Malibu Rum is the Bomb? Oh no no no - that stuff gives me instant hang over. Course that's due to a frat party in college, but to this day I can't look at the stuff without getting a little nauseous. I'll take Makers any day

seems like in late high school early college it was seven seven (segrams seven and 7 up)
and of course one day in college i had a girl introduce me to a slow comfortable screw against the wall
(mixture of slow gin......southern comfort and a harvey wall banger.)

And I feel the same way about Vodka, due to my first yakk in college.

And I can't stand the smell of Gin. And not due to any bad experience. Of course tastes change with age, and if I like broccoli now, maybe I'll like Gin?

sweatnspice said:
Yeah, i bet she introduced you to that. :-)
there was this huge campus like party and im standing there half buzzed (that and i looked alot better in college than i do now) this cute little co ed comes up to me and say..."hey would you like a slow comfortable screw against the wall??" of course i was in shock she handed me the drink......and ran

Good German or Mexican beer.

Good American craft beers.

Good British /Irish/Scottish ales or stouts.

Belgian Ales, especially tripples.

Yeah, count me as another fan of 100% agave tequila.

Good sour mash or bourbon whisky.

Single malt scotch....the peatier the better.

OK, that's enough.

chuk hell said:
Good German or Mexican beer.

Good American craft beers.

Good British /Irish/Scottish ales or stouts.

Belgian Ales, especially tripples.

Yeah, count me as another fan of 100% agave tequila.

Good sour mash or bourbon whisky.

Single malt scotch....the peatier the better.

OK, that's enough.

What no rum or vodka??? :roll:

kato said:
Can't see puttin a lime in beer I figure it must be bad beer if it needs a lime.
anyhow Jeff & Page of Cackalacy are some real characters we had a booth near them out in Albuquerque & they brought a guitar & a triangle played them and sung the cacalacky song for 12 hours for the whole 3 days of the fiery food show I heard that damn triangle for 2 weeks.
hot sauce sells all over plus on our site and i know it's at the Durham bulls ballpark seen that on tv. Take a look at the website cackalacky.com.

Sundrop slushie sounds like a winner can't get sundrop down here anymore for say the last 10 years but fond memories of the past.

Mick

Agreed on the lime thing. I like beer. I like wine, too. It depends on what I am eating. When I cook chicken marsala for my wife (made with habanero-infused olive oil) I like a nice bottle of chardonnay or pouilly-fuisse to wash it down with. Wings? Gotta have beer. Since I am watching my weight (gotta stay slim if I want to ski this winter) I normally drink diet beer :D but I reward myself from time to time with a micro beer or a LaBatt's Blue. I actually had a pilsner in Aruba called Balashi, but, alas, they don't sell it off the island. It is incredible stuff.

bubbaschili said:
speaking of vodka...i make up a drink the other day.....there is a drink only available at taco bell called mt dew baja blast...that with some lime flavored vodka is outa this world.
i call it a bubba blast.

I don't like to taint good tequila with anything. I like my anejo neat.

staffing said:
kato said:
Can't see puttin a lime in beer I figure it must be bad beer if it needs a lime.
anyhow Jeff & Page of Cackalacy are some real characters we had a booth near them out in Albuquerque & they brought a guitar & a triangle played them and sung the cacalacky song for 12 hours for the whole 3 days of the fiery food show I heard that damn triangle for 2 weeks.
hot sauce sells all over plus on our site and i know it's at the Durham bulls ballpark seen that on tv. Take a look at the website cackalacky.com.

Sundrop slushie sounds like a winner can't get sundrop down here anymore for say the last 10 years but fond memories of the past.

Mick

Agreed on the lime thing. I like beer. I like wine, too. It depends on what I am eating. When I cook chicken marsala for my wife (made with habanero-infused olive oil) I like a nice bottle of chardonnay or pouilly-fuisse to wash it down with. Wings? Gotta have beer. Since I am watching my weight (gotta stay slim if I want to ski this winter) I normally drink diet beer :D but I reward myself from time to time with a micro beer or a LaBatt's Blue. I actually had a pilsner in Aruba called Balashi, but, alas, they don't sell it off the island. It is incredible stuff.

Diet beer? Yuck... Sleeman's Clear... low carb. Yum If you can find it, you have to try it.

T

sweatnspice said:
Where are all the whiskey drinkers? I prefer Makers Mark. Other then that I just drink water, have to put something healthy in my body once in a while :D

I like single malt scotch.

Tina Brooks said:
I'm with Lin and Joe.

Tequila is a liquor best respected. And I've no respect for a Tequila that isn't blue agave.

Of course, when the best Tequila one can get happens to be a Jose Cuervo mixto, one makes do; anything, IMHO, is better than Tequila Sauza. blech! That said, if I could at least get the JC tradicional I'd be happy, but give me a bottle of Herradura Gold Reposado and I'm in my glory; let me tell you.

Canucks know even less about Tequila than they do hot peppers. Hmmmph. My local liquor store carries a choice of 2 tequilas: Sauza and Bang Bang... I shudder to think.

T

Bang Bang???!!!????

:shock:

Okay, that's got to be scary

staffing][quote name= said:
I like single malt scotch.

You had me with the Pouilly-fuisse, but you just lost me.

I have as yet NEVER had any scotch (or rye or whisky for that matter) that would qualify for anything more than my speed bar. lol.

Not a scotch girl me. uh uh.

staffing said:
Tina Brooks said:
I'm with Lin and Joe.

Tequila is a liquor best respected. And I've no respect for a Tequila that isn't blue agave.

Of course, when the best Tequila one can get happens to be a Jose Cuervo mixto, one makes do; anything, IMHO, is better than Tequila Sauza. blech! That said, if I could at least get the JC tradicional I'd be happy, but give me a bottle of Herradura Gold Reposado and I'm in my glory; let me tell you.

Canucks know even less about Tequila than they do hot peppers. Hmmmph. My local liquor store carries a choice of 2 tequilas: Sauza and Bang Bang... I shudder to think.

T

Bang Bang???!!!????

Scary... what's scary is that it tastes better than Tequila Sauza.

Tina Brooks said:
staffing said:
Tina Brooks said:
I'm with Lin and Joe.

T

Bang Bang???!!!????

Scary... what's scary is that it tastes better than Tequila Sauza.

LOL!!!!!

By the way, single malts are great....you just have to try the right one (like a 10-year old Tallisker), and sip it slowly, neat, and after dinner. It's a great experience. It's not something I do often (expensive stuff) but I enjoy it when I do. I'll stock up when in Nova Scotia next summer. It's much cheaper duty-free.

We mostly stick with the wine and beer...depending on what's on the dinner table.

Regarding Rum, I like Mount Gay (Barbados) rum. I lived on the stuff when I was in St. Thomas earlier this summer.

staffing said:
Regarding Rum, I like Mount Gay (Barbados) rum. I lived on the stuff when I was in St. Thomas earlier this summer.

That is my rum of choice. I also like Flor de Cana Black Label. For light rum we buy Cruzan. I also love Myers Dark.

I'm against putting lime in beer too. Yuck. That started as a way to sell cheap beer to tourists for more pesos than it's worth.

Tina, sounds like you know your tequila for a Canuck. We go through a lot of that Cuervo Tradicional for mixing. Other Cuervo product I find undrinkable. I'd rather drink Sauza Gold....seriously.

And yeah, cosigned on the Anejo. The stuffs too expensive to adulterate. I'm partial to El Tesoro.

In mexico the chase tequila with a drink called...I think, could be wrong on the name...Sangrita. It's half orange juice and half tomato juice with some hot sauce. It's a rally nice way to drink tequila.

We go through a lot of that Cuervo Tradicional for mixing. Other Cuervo product I find undrinkable. I'd rather drink Sauza Gold....seriously.

And yeah, cosigned on the Anejo. The stuffs too expensive to adulterate. I'm partial to El Tesoro.

In mexico the chase tequila with a drink called...I think, could be wrong on the name...Sangrita. It's half orange juice and half tomato juice with some hot sauce. It's a rally nice way to drink tequila.

For mixing, we stay away from anything made by Jose Cuervo. The stuff is just vile, whether you mix it or not. Try the Sauza Hornitos or Cazadores Reposado for mixing. It's a small step up price-wise, but your margarita-drinkers will thank you for it.

El Tesoro is truly da bomb. We are also partial to Casa Noble and Don Julio. For a taste of something truly special, try a bottle of the Jose Cuervo Reserva de la Familia. Yeah, it'll put you out $80-100 for a bottle...but it's worth every single sip and then some.

Haven't tried the sangrita, mostly because no one here really likes tomato juice all that much. We'd probably try it if someone else served it up, tho, just for something a little different.

- L & J

chuk hell said:
staffing said:

That is my rum of choice. I also like Flor de Cana Black Label. For light rum we buy Cruzan. I also love Myers Dark.

I'm against putting lime in beer too. Yuck. That started as a way to sell cheap beer to tourists for more pesos than it's worth.

Tina, sounds like you know your tequila for a Canuck. We go through a lot of that Cuervo Tradicional for mixing. Other Cuervo product I find undrinkable. I'd rather drink Sauza Gold....seriously.

I know tequila better than anyone I know up here. The vast majority all reply "Tequila? yuck". Of course them's throwbacks to college and too much tequila sauza. And since we can't get good sauza I really don't know what it tastes like but I'm hesitant to try it.

Fwiw, if you can get your hands on a "mediocre" little tequila that goes by the name of Con Orgullo (with pride, I believe) it's delectable. Best tequila I've ever had the pleasure of sampling... And we're out.

:)

As for Sangrita, I'm with LinNJoe, I don't like tomato juice, but use Mott's clamato juice instead, THAT makes a way better sangrita. And the Clam flavour complements the tequila very well.

T.

Back