• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

favorite What is your Favorite Pepper ?

I really like pequins as well. Never grown them as my local market has the dried really cheap, I like to smoke them and put them in a grinder with toasted cumin. 

Cumin makes everything better. Lol
D3monic said:
I really like pequins as well. Never grown them as my local market has the dried really cheap, I like to smoke them and put them in a grinder with toasted cumin. 
My father-in-law grows them and I'm going to now that I've had em. Easily one of the best tasting peppers I've had.

ChileHeadCliff said:
Cumin makes everything better. Lol

My father-in-law grows them and I'm going to now that I've had em. Easily one of the best tasting peppers I've had.

Ever had any baccatums like aji pineapple, champion , bolsa de dulce , aji amarillo or any the others?

D3monic said:

Ever had any baccatums like aji pineapple, champion , bolsa de dulce , aji amarillo or any the others?
I wish! Id do anything to get my hands on a few. From what I've heard they're all fantastic. Hard to find around here.

ChileHeadCliff said:
I wish! Id do anything to get my hands on a few. From what I've heard they're all fantastic. Hard to find around here.

You planning on doing a pepper garden next year? I could send you some seeds. 

D3monic said:

You planning on doing a pepper garden next year? I could send you some seeds. 
Yeah I am actually! Still trying to figure out what to add/get rid of for next season. And that'd be awesome of you! Id appreciate it! No rushing that though. Lol. Care for any pequin seed? Just started drying a bunch today.

ChileHeadCliff said:
Yeah I am actually! Still trying to figure out what to add/get rid of for next season. And that'd be awesome of you! Id appreciate it! No rushing that though. Lol. Care for any pequin seed? Just started drying a bunch today.

No thanks, I got several different types of pequin and tepin. I have to go to post office monday to send some seeds to kiwi land. I'll send you sfrb box of seeds and baccatums and what ever else is ripe. Will label for you. PM me your address. 

D3monic said:

No thanks, I got several different types of pequin and tepin. I have to go to post office monday to send some seeds to kiwi land. I'll send you sfrb box of seeds and baccatums and what ever else is ripe. Will label for you. PM me your address. 
Just sent it out. You're awesomr. Never in a million years would expect that kindness.

D3monic said:
That's what's so great about this forum. It's full of people taking care of each other and spreading the love. There's a whole thread dedicated to how awesome pepper people are.  couldn't tell you how much awesome has been sent my way over the past year. 

Everyone takes care of eachother... it's only when people expect hand outs that things get ugly lol.  
And last time I saw a mirror I'm looking pretty gosh darn beautiful. Lol

Favourite? That's tricky. I don't have the repertoire as others here. I also rarely eat peppers alone unless they are really small.

For just chilli poppin Numex Centennial tastes really great to me.

My favourite has to be the dorset naga. I like to relax on the sofa and alternate between biting pods and various types of cheese. As you can imagine though I chew through pods far too quickly this way. (also get fat, haha) I don't like chinense like scotch bonnets because they tastes of flowers to me. The naga flavour is most acceptable, slightly citrus with a slightly bitter tang. Also lots of yummy heat.

I notice others here don't value heat over taste as I do. Admittedly just eating chinense peppers alone one after the other does make me gag, I can't say if that's down to taste or the burning sensation in my guts...

Back