What make is your camera?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey Dan,

What ye say to putting a bit in our profiles that we can enter the make/model of the camera`s we are taking our pic`s with? id be keen on knowing.

Im sure many members get a kick out of some of the cool pic`s taken on here & not just the pods/food plants/flowers.

Mezo.

The link above is for The Photo Album.

Post pictures and discuss Cameras there.

This thread is in Suggestions and Support.

I think Mezo was suggesting that it might be cool to be able to add it into your profile?

Like, where you can list your fave hot pepper / fave hot sauce etc, maybe to also include "current camera" or something along those lines?

It's weird he mentioned this, as last night I was viewing someone's glog where they had a video post and I was going to ask what type of camera they were using to achieve such great results.

I dunno, just thinking it might be easier for people to be able to list it in their profile for all to see, than have duplicate posts on various pages of their thread asking the same?

No biggie though...!

I understand it. However may be better for a photography forum. We could add what car you own too but that would be best for a car forum. It could be never ending.

Why not do what I do if someone's picture interests you, look at the picture metadata. A few guys here remove it, don't know why as it's no big secret. If you're really snoopy there's other ways you can identify but why go thru the trouble if another removed it on purpose cause it's always there unless removed.

I guess it was a suggestion for ease and interest. I also don't think its comparable to what type of car etc you own as it actually pertains to peoples blogs and posts on this forum. Unless you are taking a photo of a truck full of Chilli's of course :D then thongs might start getting murky

Reactions: nee
The only times I bother to look is when a picture interests me, either quality, settings (exposure, ISO speed, focal length, etc.) or other. Not something I take the time to do often but if the info isn't removed, there's always some learning from the settings and if you see a whole bunch of pics you like the camera type is also interesting to note but aside from that who really cares :D BTW some folks take some very nice pics with their phones :rolleyes:

I care, it was simply a suggestion posted in the suggestion thread.

For me i look at the subject & the photography, there are some talented photographers on this site & it would be handy if you could just click on there profile & see what they use to get theses pics.

Mezo.

I care, it was simply a suggestion posted in the suggestion thread.

For me i look at the subject & the photography, there are some talented photographers on this site & it would be handy if you could just click on there profile & see what they use to get theses pics.

Mezo.
While I do not mean to diminish your suggestion, it's a nice idea I guess. But it's not always about the camera, sure a good camera & great lens make a huge difference. Also the man/woman behind them is just as important IMO. There is also a lot of post processing work that's done to some pictures and I believe that's where I've seen some members clean their metadata, unless they work in gif for web which cs5 automatically removes it. BTW that option is also available in lightroom ... would you want them to post their software and digital darkroom workflow, with tips on digital photography? There's some really good forums on this stuff and tutorials if you're interested, I'd look around a bit on the net as well ...

You shouldn't need to do basically any post processing work on a still subject in my opinion excepting small corrections in contrast and highlights and some cropping if you can be bothered for online photoposting anyway. Just my opinion but a good deal of photos are now way over processed and just look surreal and flat all at the same time.
Anyway mez I still agree its a good idea.

Person behind the lens is more important by the way

I am always looking to improve my photography. Looking forward to moving to a full frame instead for the Canon 7D I shoot with currently, one day but no time soon! The eye behind the glass is one of it not the most important single game changer. Light is your best friend and knowing what good light is and where and how to achieve it takes knowledge. 10 people could use the same setup at the same location and achieve completely different results. Post processing has its place but I agree over processing is getting out of hand.

I will still maintain that Mezo's original idea was a beaut...

I was just reading a thread only 30 mins ago where someone yet again asked what camera the user was using to get the great shots of their pods.

With todays technology and the point and shoot camera's anybody can take good photos.
Before digital camera's you had the option of using your SLR or comparable with film either negative or tranparency. Even when having prints made from your negatives you would still have a lee-way of +/- 2 f/stops of an accurate exposure, the lab would color balance and make the correction prior to printing. Most folks still ended up with...decent photos.
Now for those who've delt with tranparencies (slides/movies) you know how precise the exposure has to be. Understanding the lighting principles is a must, there is no lee-way its either correctly exposed or under or over.Some folks would bracket there exposures by taking additional exposures +1/-1 the correct reading or setting. That would work with a still camera but if your shooting movies you have to be spot on.........heh
One step better that would separate the pro from the amateur is being able to edit your photo in the veiwfinder or screen on the camera before the shot is taken...composition, lighting, and detail ...having the "keen eye"...not having to edit in the lab or computer. The bottom line is,,,,,,its not the equipment that can
produce great photographs, its the brains behind it...just my opinion

I understand it. However may be better for a photography forum. We could add what car you own too but that would be best for a car forum. It could be never ending.

I have yet to see any post in reference to hot peppers that asks anything about cars, yet i see a lot of posts (mainly in the glogs section) asking regarding what camera the user was using to achieve good shots of their hot peppers. I'm struggling to see the comparison to be fair....

I use a Canon Rebel T3i, but I mainly use it for recording videos. But once I start growing peppers next year, I will probably start using it a whole lot more for photos.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back