• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

What might this be ??

One of my Bonnets had a few funky looking leaves and a kind of twisted stem. I cut them off with a clean razor blade. Being the worry wort I've become I thought maybe I should ask what this may be ..... There's a top & bottom shot

Thanks & Peace,
P. Dreadie

97mgrc.jpg

6nvx9f.jpg

looks like some kind of bacterial affliction or something that was spread by nasties when they bite to me...can't even venture a guess

Silver_Surfer .. those were pretty high up. A side branch near the top. So they weren't splashed. I don't think they got water on them anyway.

AJ if it's like what you say , what should I do besides try to kill the bugs. I have seen cucumber beetles. More than last year. I think they learn where the sweet spots are. Every time I see those beetles I spray but I'm starting to think they like now !?!

Peace,
P. Dreadie

take a leaf in a sandwich baggie (to prevent spreading it if it is bad) to your local nursery and ask them...they are probably going to tell you it is a bacterial infection and recommend what to use for it...

best I can suggest PD

Cucumber beetles are known for spreading all kinds of diseases. Get those nasty bugs eradicated, snip the infected portions and you'll most likely have solved your problem.

Back