• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

hybrid What Pepper Cross do you wish existed?

I would like to see a Beni highlands crossed with a Fatalii. Same taste but quicker time to harvest.

What else would be cool?

Matt

Tepin X 7 pot white X choco hab X 7 pot primo. :D

characteristics/traits :

-flavor: Tepin/ smoky (choco hab)
-size: 7 pot white
-shape: Primo
-heat: Primo
-color: dark brown with a hint of red.

A chilihead can sure dream! :D

,Vegas

From a visual stand point, a purple or black fruiting Scorpion. Maybe they exist,I'm new in Pepperlandia.
Is Chocolate close enough?
chocscorp1_zps1cda6973.jpg

^^^ Have one of those guys growing this year.

I'd like to see something crossed for cold resistance,or flower drop. How about a large podded annuum cross that doesn't get BER.

There is a lot of speculation that some of the wilds might be useful as an in between cross to get stuff that won't generally allow crossing with certain other peppers.

I've got a 3+yr. old Rocopica growing outside.
Probably going to find it a new home at seasons end.
It's no fun anymore and taking up space I need for other stuff.
I'm only keeping it so if my white Manzano grows true i'll cross it with the Rocopica for white pods... maybe.

There is a C.Pubescens cross already. :)

Rocopica = pube X or an Eximum X with cardenasii

http://www.rocoto.co...e/rocopica.html

http://fatalii.net/g...d=105&Itemid=96
Thats right, I forgot.
There is a lot of speculation that some of the wilds might be useful as an in between cross to get stuff that won't generally allow crossing with certain other peppers.

I've got a 3+yr. old Rocopica growing outside.
Probably going to find it a new home at seasons end.
It's no fun anymore and taking up space I need for other stuff.
I'm only keeping it so if my white Manzano grows true i'll cross it with the Rocopica for white pods... maybe.
You should give it a try.

Tepin X 7 pot white X choco hab X 7 pot primo. :D

characteristics/traits :

-flavor: Tepin/ smoky (choco hab)
-size: 7 pot white
-shape: Primo
-heat: Primo
-color: dark brown with a hint of red.

A chilihead can sure dream! :D

,Vegas

I kind of like the idea of chiltepin x choco hab... maybe I'll cross my choco bhut x douglah with a chiltepin or attempt to cross that with my sonoran chiltepin x 7 pot barrackpore... or with the Duke Pequin or similar... so many possibilities!

I kind of like the idea of chiltepin x choco hab... maybe I'll cross my choco bhut x douglah with a chiltepin or attempt to cross that with my sonoran chiltepin x 7 pot barrackpore... or with the Duke Pequin or similar... so many possibilities!

Dang! That would be epic. I have 3 Tepin, 1 overwinter and 2 babies and I plan on attempting a Tepin with a 7 pot white or Tepin with the choco hab. Man why think about it I'm attempting both.

BTW that Tepin X barrackpore you have going is just beautiful.

,Vegas

Back