What pepper is this?

Say hello to the mystery pepper:

ukQcdGu.jpg

SHh0kfG.jpg

What is this?

It does seem a little habi to me... They look somewhat similar to a pack of Carolina Reapers I bought on Amazon one time. Turned out to be habs, of course. That was a long while ago, first time buying seeds online and learned a valuable lesson.

The (red) Trinidad Moruga Scorpion peppers I bought from the same source turned out to be yellow scotch bonnets, or so I believe.

juanitos said:
kinda look naga - ish

That's what I thought at first. I second guessed myself with the size of the pod, but if that is one of the first pods to form, then the size (and even the shape) may not be very true anyways.

@Coup is that pic with the single red pepper one of the very first pods produced by that plant?

mrgrowguy said:

That's what I thought at first. I second guessed myself with the size of the pod, but if that is one of the first pods to form, then the size (and even the shape) may not be very true anyways.

@Coup is that pic with the single red pepper one of the very first pods produced by that plant?

Yessir it is.

@wilard3 Someone pointed that out to me - I was hoping an admin could move the topic.

/wink

I've had a scorpion pepper (TMS - very bumpy skin) look like a smooth habanero on the first pepper that was produced. Often that first pod is odd shaped. I would be curious to see what some of the mature pods look like when the plant is producing regularly. Usually by the third or fourth pod they are pretty true-to-form.

mrgrowguy said:
/wink

I've had a scorpion pepper (TMS - very bumpy skin) look like a smooth habanero on the first pepper that was produced. Often that first pod is odd shaped. I would be curious to see what some of the mature pods look like when the plant is producing regularly. Usually by the third or fourth pod they are pretty true-to-form.

I got my third pod off the plant - looks about the same as the other.

Back