• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

What the heck are these things?

Found a pair of these ugly buggers chewing nice holes in one of my plants.

IMG_8553.JPG

Any ideas as to what they are, other than "Flying Space Bugs?"

Neural_parasite_attacks_Spock.jpg

queequeg152 said:
kill with permethrin.

Nope.
My peppers are home to all manner of bugs and critters.  I'm not going to nuke the entire micro-ecosystem on account of two individuals and 3 damaged leaves. :rolleyes:   
As with hornworms, if they multiply to the point that they're damaging the plant, I'll pluck them.

Geonerd said:
Nope.
My peppers are home to all manner of bugs and critters.  I'm not going to nuke the entire micro-ecosystem on account of two individuals and 3 damaged leaves. :rolleyes:   
As with hornworms, if they multiply to the point that they're damaging the plant, I'll pluck them.
Come on, now... That's not the American way! :D

nah, permethrin wont nuke "everything". it needs to be eaten to actually kill shit.

i remember once i captured a horn worm way back. i touched it with a qtip with some malathion solution on it, and then permethrin too. it lived.

the stuff has to be eatern, and eaten rather quickly because it breaks down in sunlight fairly quickly. but if bugs dont bother your then what ever.

Back