• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

What to do with hull-bound sprouts???

Haven't been able to find much on the forum about this. I have an orange Scotch Bonnet popping up with the seed shell still attached. Can I gently pull it off or is it better to leave it?

Appreciate the help!

Just leave it and it will care for itself,nothing uncommon about it
Go to messin with shit and human intervention will prove out yet again!
Its nothing,needs nothing and will do just fine if you dont jack with it

Proof is the previous posting

Helmet head is a urban legend propagated on social media sources by people that cant leave well enough alone
Leave nature alone and nature will provide for its self,add human ignorance and nature checks out every time.
Ive growm "helmet heads" out to flower stage before the hulls drop from said branch's
Less is more,it really is . . . . .

Leave it for a bit, that one is still small.  Dont take you plastic humidity bag off of that one yet.  The ones I have had get stuck were because the seed hull got dried out because I took my humidity dome off.  It dried out and shrunk and was stuck good.  I couldnt budge it and when it finally came off it took the cotlydons with it.

yes humidity no to fucking with it

i spray those with water as often as a can to keep the helmet soft=it works itself out and if not the plant wasnt strong enough to produce well so id rather know now than after its been given realestate furts and a bigger pot

Back