• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

What to do with too much rain?

We've been getting a lot of rain here lately. I'm sure my peppers are getting too much water. Should I let this even out naturally (meaning I know there will be periods where it doesn't rain for a long time) or should I consider pulling all the pots inside for a while? So far they don't show any of the signs of over watering. I hope this post made sense, I'm only on my first cup of coffee. :)

If your peppers are in containers and have good drainage, I'd let them ride if they're not showing any symptoms.

I've found that a 3/4 inch spade drill bit does wonders for increasing drainage :cool:

If your peppers are in containers and have good drainage, I'd let them ride if they're not showing any symptoms.

I've found that a 3/4 inch spade drill bit does wonders for increasing drainage :cool:

Good idea. I may just add some additional drainage.

My peppers (and tomatoes, beans, carrots, broccoli, etc.!) are in the ground so I don't have many options. There are parts of my garden that have not dried out since early May. Not much I can do - I know tilling the clayish soil is not good but it is that, no garden or a lawn of weeds.

Mike

I'm dealing with that now (rain 5 of the last 7 days). All but one of my plants are in pots. 1/2 of my potted plants are in Terracotta pots, no worries there; they drain well and evaporate water quickly. The other half are in 4" plastic pots and if it rains today they're coming under shelter, because the dirt is very wet. If the drainage was any better in those pots they wouldn't hold dirt. ;)

Back