• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

What to feed my plants

This is my fist season to do this and I am looking for advice on some of the necessary nutrients I will need to get to keep my plants healthy and strong. I will be growing habs, bhuts, and trinidad scorpions. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

I would suggest using the search option in the top right hand corner of the page. There are many many threads about nutrients. Good luck!

Oh, and most people tell all about the nutrients they use in their grow logs too.

One thing I'll mention, if you end up using certain "natural" products (such as fish emulsion or bone meal), be prepared to get into some fights with raccoons. They'll be less interested in the bone meal after a couple of weeks, but pretty much every night without fail the raccoons dig around my garden when I fertilize with fish emulsion.

I mean, I love what it does for the plants, but sometimes...

I would definitely do some research on feeding here and on the web. Feeding and soil are probably the 2 most important aspects in growing peppers and 2 of the biggest debated topics as well. Your not going to be able to find a quick 1 line answer that will grow huge peppers. I spent an excess of 20 hours preparing for my first year and I still learned a lot over the next few years.

Do some research make a decision and then post for feedback and or questions about what you doing if you need help.

Good luck!

Get a soil test! Unless you know what is present or lacking in your soil, you could do more harm than good.

Mike

Back