• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

container What to plant where? Raised bed layout/ container grow help

Hello everyone!

I would like to preface this by saying that this is only my second year growing peppers, and first year starting from seed so I am still quite the newbie. That being said, I would greatly appreciate some guidance from those with more experience.

I went a little overboard with the number of plants I'm trying to grow this year and I need some help figuring out what would go best where.

I currently have 17 different cultivars growing indoors that I started from seed. I have one 4x4 raised bed, one 8x4 raised bed, and one half of a second 8x4 raised bed available. I've attached a picture to show what I'm working with (the "half" is the last half of the bed in that back)

I plan to grow at least two plants of most of my cultivars. Obviously the raised beds are nowhere near enough room for everything, but I'd like to try to maximize the amount that I can grow in this space to cut down on the number that go in pots/buckets. I also have a large portion of my parents' 1/4 acre garden at my disposal, but it is about an hour drive from me and I would not be able to regularly provide maintenance or watering for those plants.

My plant list is below. For simplicities sake I'm excluding the ornamentals and super late starts which will all be going in containers

Annuum:

Alcalde
Aleppo
Cayenne var. (Mixed bag seed pack, specific type unknown)
Early Jalapeno
Ethiopian Brown
Farmers Market Jalapeno
Serrano
Thai Dragon

Bacattum:

Lemon Drop Aji
Sugar Rush Peach

Chinense:

Carolina Reaper
Marupi Amarela
Mustard Trinidad Scorpion
Red or White Habenero (mixed packet)

Pubescens:

Red Rocoto

Unsure:

Burpee brand "hot lemon" (possibly bacattum or chinense, reports vary)
Burpee brand sweet peppers (mixed lot seed packet with about 10 different types)

I'm not sure which of these will do best in containers and which are only suitable in the beds, but I obviously have a heavy preference for the more exotic stuff to go in the beds.

I'm also wondering which of these would be the hardiest ones to plant at my parents house unattended.

I have jo idea on what the best spacing plan would be or what would be best neighboring what.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, I'm feeling overwhelmed

Attachments

• 20200427_193111.jpg
    20200427_193111.jpg
    130.8 KB · Views: 121
Back