What variety over 200,000 Scoville is your most productive ?

This year for me the healthiest and most productive just happen to be 2 of my favorite peppers. My Chocolate Habanero's and Chocolate Fatali's are producing the best and are my healthiest plants. They are also in containers and not in the ground. I only have 2 of each plant and will be saving some seeds for next season and might even give cloning a try with the plants and see how that goes this winter. Also this is a big plus for me with these particular plants is that the hot dry weather we have had this season where I live has not affected them like all the other plants I have in the garden. While all the other hab and hotter are not producing much at all these seem to do well with the extreme heat we have had in the Central Valley of California. 

I usually get 200+ peppers/plant for bhut jolokia, but I'm in Md, and have a shorter season than some, so you may be able to do better depending where you are.

This year the Peach Bhut Jolokia has been my most productive hands down, amazed at its production really,  Second would be 7 Pot Jonah and third is Trinidad Scorpion. 

JoynersHotPeppers said:
well I have fed a single one to a person that thought they liked hot and watched them about choke so I say yes :)
hah i was wondering if you compared a bhut to them by weight is it just as hot (since it takes like 4 or 5 to be same weight).

JoynersHotPeppers said:
well I have fed a single one to a person that thought they liked hot and watched them about choke so I say yes :)

Those Peruvian Habs can pack quite a punch at times.  Sometimes I can eat them 4-5 at a time and other times I run into a very hot one and it just lights me up.  That stingy pins and needles burn of a hab can be quite painful at times to me. 

Still love it though!  lol  :P

SavinaRed said:
can you post a pic of that plant ?
Not my plant or image but you get the idea.

WhiteHab1-1.jpg

Sorry, I should have been more specific. I like some hab types and not others. "Clean" tasting ones to me are Bahamian Goat, CGN 21500, Giant White Hab/7 Pot White and of course this Peruvian Hab. I'm not an expert taste describer by any means. Just want to clarify that these really do taste good. For whatever reason this was the last of my plants to die from the cold weather last year. Peace!
Rob

Back