• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

misc What's everyone growing in 2021

I have now interesting varieties growing: PI 322717, Rocoto Puno Amarillo, Peach Bleeder F3, Pepper X. And some new to me is Peruvian Arancio and Aji Verde. I did not succeed with wild varieties :( But I have some crossbreeds coming for summer/autumn planting. I grow only inside so weather is not problem. 

Dragonpeppers said:
I'm bringing back some old school peppers from the freezer 2013/2014
Hope there still viable?

2021 Apocolypse, Peach Bhut Neyde, Cherry Purple Jalapeño, Dragonpepper Jalapeño, TSM (mutant), Carolina Reaper, Primo, Ghost Blood, Brain Strain (mutant), NM 6-4

I'm curious to hear how this works out for you.  I've never frozen my saved seeds before.

Big Jim Heritage and Cumra Cherry are blasting for me right now.  BJH is absolutely dripping with poddage.
51047805736_cba67e8fcb_c.jpg

51047804696_dc59b475e7_c.jpg

51047891412_928b941ec5_c.jpg

Sugar Rush Peach is making first pods:
51047892442_5ee7cbccb2_c.jpg

The CCs are still spindly, but popping:
51047891902_3d07f820b5_c.jpg

First time for me.

Carolina Reaper Yellow.
Jamaican Hot Red.
Rawit Red
Habanero Red Super F1
Serrano.

10 > 12 seeds each.  98% germination took about 3 weeks.

Seedlings seem slow to getting to second leaf stage, not very hot here at the moment, bring them indoors at night.
 and put heating on and normal  light on them.

What's my chances of a crop?  Will pot them and keep them for next year.

South Midi Pyrenees, border with Spain.

Small tray is the Reapers.  Both have covers.  Reaper hit 32-34C earlier.

Should warm up here soon.

Thanks.

Attachments

• IMG_04391.JPG
    IMG_04391.JPG
    135.5 KB · Views: 105
  • IMG_04401.JPG
    IMG_04401.JPG
    173.7 KB · Views: 105
This year I'm growing

- x3 San Marzano (Tomato, for fermented ketchup and also cooked down and used on homemade pizzas and the like)
- x2 Pepperoncini (Fermented or pickled for sandwiches)
- x4 Hot Banana (My dad wanted these, but I'll definitely enjoy them too)
- x4 Fresno (Really impressed so far, these things grow and produce like weeds)
- x2 Heirloom Jalapeno (For fermented pickled jalapeno rings)
- x2 NuMex Jalapeno (Same)
- x2 Heirloom Serrano (Same as above, but maybe also make a verde sauce)
- x2 NuMex Serrano (Same)
- x4 Hot Portugal (This is perhaps my favorite pepper.  Fermented with garlic and italian spices, it is the tastiest thing you can possibly add to spaghetti, italian meat loaf sandwiches and the likes)
- x8 NuMex Las Cruces Cayenne (For lots of buffalo style fermented sauce)
- x4 Heirloom Habanero (These will probably be cold smoked with pecan wood and then fermented and processed into a tasty sauce for nachos and Mexican fare)
- x4 Safi Scotch Bonnet (Super excited to try these)
- x4 Carbonero (Despite being chinense dominant, I can already tell these like to be very tall plants.  They respond very well to topping.  Really excited to try, first time growing)
- x2 Bih Jolokia (Crazy.  Like 6+ flowers per node)
- x2 Bhut Jolokia (I really like Torchbearer Zombie Apocalypse, so going to try to recreate it somewhat with these)
- x2 Carolina Reaper (Going to just pick these off and eat them whole for fun.  Kidding, obviously).

Karpasruuti said:
I have now interesting varieties growing: PI 322717, Rocoto Puno Amarillo, Peach Bleeder F3, Pepper X. And some new to me is Peruvian Arancio and Aji Verde. I did not succeed with wild varieties :( But I have some crossbreeds coming for summer/autumn planting. I grow only inside so weather is not problem. 
Also Apache (C. annuum) joined the party. Very nice compact growth and in the late PI 441551 (C. baccatum). Already tasted PepperX awesome sweet fruity and grassy taste and hot enough for my liking.

I took off the plastic cover and they finally sprouted. The ones in the rockwool are about three weeks and have four sprouts the pods are about five weeks and only have one sprout. 

Attachments

• FC92143E-CDE9-4C81-AD4A-ED35F157C484.jpeg
    FC92143E-CDE9-4C81-AD4A-ED35F157C484.jpeg
    125.3 KB · Views: 114
chocolate habanero, black pearl, brain strain, explosive ember, grif 9238, comstock purple, black prince, sili-a-top.

Those black varieties look really cool, I've added black prince to my list for next year.

I'm a bit ordinary with my varieties this year, I only have common annuums...

Cayenne
Caysan
Jalapeno
Serrano
Thai

Last edited:
Those black varieties look really cool, I've added black prince to my list for next year.

I'm a bit ordinary with my varieties this year, I only have common annuums...

Cayenne
Caysan
Jalapeno
Serrano
Thai
Definitely nothing wrong with growing any of those varieties. I kinda wish that I was growing serranos this year, they give salsas a really nice flavour.

It seems like I'm going for the dark stuff this year. Mostly chocolate or negro.

• Chilhuacle Negro
  • Brown Jalapeno Pepper
  • Pasilla Oaxaca Pepper
  • Ancho Gigantea Chile
  • Rocoto Rojo ("Myriam's mother" variety)
  • Rocoto Naranja
  • Jalapeno
  • Poblano
  • Pasilla Negro
  • Mulatto Isleño - Chocolate Poblano

Still undecided and this will probably the case up to the moment that I actually plant the seeds. At this time I'm reasonably certain about growing these...
  • Yellow brain strain
  • Red brain strain
  • Scotch brains
  • SB7J
  • Scotch bonnet marabella market yellow
  • Scotch bonnet marabella market cappuccino
I have spots for a total of 10 varieties so 4 varieties still to be chosen ...🙂

Last edited:
Back