• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

misc What's everyone growing in 2021

It seems like I'm going for the dark stuff this year. Mostly chocolate or negro.

• Chilhuacle Negro
  • Brown Jalapeno Pepper
  • Pasilla Oaxaca Pepper
  • Ancho Gigantea Chile
  • Rocoto Rojo ("Myriam's mother" variety)
  • Rocoto Naranja
  • Jalapeno
  • Poblano
  • Pasilla Negro
  • Mulatto Isleño - Chocolate Poblano
Just noticed that I posted on the "What's everyone growing in 2021". Most of my comments are what I am planting now or soon, although some are what I also grew in '21 and hope will keep producing during the winter.

Just noticed that I posted on the "What's everyone growing in 2021". Most of my comments are what I am planting now or soon, although some are what I also grew in '21 and hope will keep producing during the winter.
If they're growing before new years I'd say it counts :), and some of my plants for this season are still seedlings, man you guys start early, I'm going to have to get an indoor setup to keep up :).

If they're growing before new years I'd say it counts :), and some of my plants for this season are still seedlings, man you guys start early, I'm going to have to get an indoor setup to keep up :).
I was in Victoria/Melbourne in Dec '92 (I have family there) very similar weather to Cape Town, but more humid. Should be good pepper weather. My seeds are still waiting to sprout on a heat mat, so far only my Corno Di Toro has sprouted, the rest should pop in the next few days & I have more seeds coming. :)

I was in Victoria/Melbourne in Dec '92 (I have family there) very similar weather to Cape Town, but more humid. Should be good pepper weather. My seeds are still waiting to sprout on a heat mat, so far only my Corno Di Toro has sprouted, the rest should pop in the next few days & I have more seeds coming. :)

Cool, Melbourne is a bit better for Peppers than where I am, only 100km away but it gets colder, hotter, and drier here. I'm glad to hear I'm not the only one in the southern hemisphere germinating seeds so late :).

Cool, Melbourne is a bit better for Peppers than where I am, only 100km away but it gets colder, hotter, and drier here. I'm glad to hear I'm not the only one in the southern hemisphere germinating seeds so late :).
Sure, it's late, but we've only started to get warm weather in Cape Town. So far I have these that have come up: 3 x early Jalapenos 1 x Conno di Toro & 1 x Paprika. Then those that have sprouted, but still waiting to break ground: 2 x Apocalypse red & 2 regular Jalapenos. The paper towel method is my go-to for sprouting all my seeds & once the root is a few mm, it goes into some prepped coco.

Back