• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

shopping What's Everyone's Opinion on This Product

I was at Walmart today and picked up some bonemeal and Garden tone on discontinued and saw this stuff along with their other products. Are their fish and kelp products any good...... opinions ?

KqtW5ZZ.jpg

What are the nutrient percentages? Compare those to TomatoTone and Jobe's, etc... See how they compare. Sometimes Epsoma stuff has pieces of undigested, unhydrolyzed stuff mixed in that takes longer to break down. The Alaska stuff (being pellitized) might be a better product in that regard. 
     I've found all those kinds of ferts (TomatoTone, Jobe's organic, GardenTone...) to be about the same. I usually use one of those < and some bone meal, some kelp meal, some epsom salt and a metric shit ton of compost or EWC to feed soil. It work good.
     If it's cheaper than the others, load up. You'll use it sooner or later.  :cheers:

OCD Chilehead said:
Never seen it before. You could compare the ingredients to Garden Tone and see how it does. I like how it's in pellets.
I found the last get of Garden tone so I left it for now to see if it is any good,i might get it and compare the two.
Hybrid Mode 01 said:
What are the nutrient percentages? Compare those to TomatoTone and Jobe's, etc... See how they compare. Sometimes Epsoma stuff has pieces of undigested, unhydrolyzed stuff mixed in that takes longer to break down. The Alaska stuff (being pellitized) might be a better product in that regard. 
     I've found all those kinds of ferts (TomatoTone, Jobe's organic, GardenTone...) to be about the same. I usually use one of those < and some bone meal, some kelp meal, some epsom salt and a metric shit ton of compost or EWC to feed soil. It work good.
     If it's cheaper than the others, load up. You'll use it sooner or later.  :cheers:
I also bought bone meal, everything is on sale at Wally world,just waiting for the Kelp meal to drop some more
megahot said:
The fact thats it appears to be organic is good! Their Alaskan Fish fert is awesome! I also use their Kelp.
Is the fish certs a little smelly along with the Kelp ferts? All that is on discontinued

Canes1 said:
I found the last get of Garden tone so I left it for now to see if it is any good,i might get it and compare the two.

I also bought bone meal, everything is on sale at Wally world,just waiting for the Kelp meal to drop some more

Is the fish certs a little smelly along with the Kelp ferts? All that is on discontinued
The Fish Fert is stinky for sure! As soon as I feed the plants with it the flies congregate on the plants. I wouldnt suggest using this indoors because of the stink. The smell usually lasts about 24hrs or less. Fish meal would be a good alternative and a lot less stinky.

Just bought some of the Alaska Fish emulsion concentrate (5-1-1) there the other day for $3 a quart ( says to mix 1 Tbs. per gallon of water so yeah it is a bit smelly in the bottle as it is pretty highly concentrated - but not too bad once mixed for use.

Also bought a couple 8 lb. bags of espoma's organic Plant Tone (5-3-3) for $5 a bag - It seems to be a pretty good mix with a lot of micro nutrients and beneficial microbes. So figured it was worth a try for the $.

JDFan said:
Just bought some of the Alaska Fish emulsion concentrate (5-1-1) there the other day for $3 a quart ( says to mix 1 Tbs. per gallon of water so yeah it is a bit smelly in the bottle as it is pretty highly concentrated - but not too bad once mixed for use.

Also bought a couple 8 lb. bags of espoma's organic Plant Tone (5-3-3) for $5 a bag - It seems to be a pretty good mix with a lot of micro nutrients and beneficial microbes. So figured it was worth a try for the $.
I'm going back Thursday to grab some of their fish and Kelp products and the fert I posted,for as much as they are discounted I'll try it since I'm starting out.

They only had one bag of Garden tone,i would have grabbed more

I went today and stocked up bags of iron and plant tone.

I also picked up some kelp meal. That's the best deal by far.

I should be able to fill a couple 5gallon buckets for next year.

Back