• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

whats happening to my tomato plants

Have a few tomato plants where just a few of the leaves are shriveling/drying out. Pretty sure its not a watering issue, i was thinking maybe my fan was blowing to much but this plant was pulled from the middle of the pack. The ones closest to the fan arent having this problem? These plants have only had alaska fish fert and maxicrop so far

Any ideas

222225.jpg

22223.jpg

I can't see the leaves to see if there are any spots, etc.  So many different diseases affect tomatoes, but since they're in potting soil/mix, and not outside, it most likely started there.

Here's a pdf link to info on tomato diseases, etc.

http://www.missouribotanicalgarden.org/Portals/0/Gardening/Gardening%20Help/Visual%20Guides/Tomato%20Foliage%20Problems.pdf

It's not too late to plant more seeds - I'm starting mine tomorrow - St. Paddy's Day planting seems to keep the tomato plants manageable before putting them in the ground around Mother's Day.

I've had tomato plants shed their lower leaves for no reason before, I always assumed it was normal as the vine grew longer like a cucumber plant will do...but those are rather young and I wouldn't really know.  If it is an actual problem then it might be a problem I didn't know I was having!

Thanks to all for your input, upon further investegation I think this IS a watering issue. I had some time today and plan was to steak these big guys up. I watered as usual and then began steaking. As I pulled them from thier homes I noticed when I stuck my finger in the watering holes the soil was bone dry. So I gave them more water. The didnt realize the shift in water consuption as they aged knew it would come but didnt think I was there yet. Granted this year I started them way earler than usual. Oh well live and learn right? I have cut of dead foliage and I expect no real damage done. Thanks again for all your help.

Glad you figured it out BB. Those tomatoes are freaking huge man, when did you start them? Also what kind are they?

Back