• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

What's the best way to keep the weeds away?

I currently have 3 month old plants producing peppers that I'm struggling to keep weeded does anyone have any ideas of a product or any methods out they're to make my life easier right now? Thanks everyone.

Landscape fabric. Get the needle punch kind, not the spunbound cheep stuff. It looks like grass seed bags. I do100- 300' rows with it. Never have to pick weeds except where I burn the hole for the plants.

Mulch, Mulch and more Mulch right from the start. Those hardy buggers get hoed or pulled. You can use a vinegar solution for spot spraying if you have limitations on bending or kneeling. If you knock'm down early and keep up the mulch it's alot easier.

I use yard waste to mulch from beginning to end. Its not just to keep weeds down, it benefits the soil.  Depending on where you are at, doing it with hay can as cheap as 20 bucks for a rotten roll.

I use a type of landscape fabric but it's plastic with pinholes in it and not called landscape fabric. It's called Weed Block or Weed Proof, depending on brand. It comes in 50' x 3' and 100' x 3' rolls. I get 3 or 4 100' rolls for about $16 each at Walmart. But again, that's something you put down at the beginning of the season. As far as right now, I guess pulling and hoeing.

-Adam

Back