• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Whats this? Looks like burning on the leaves of my Bhut.

...but I think its some kind of illness because the first picture shows the progression from morning to night and then of course the bottom picture is the underside of the leaf this evening. There are other leaves that have a spot or two but nothing big. Small stuff only.

I did transplant the plant into a larger container and I did mist the leaves but it was not sitting under hot sun or lights with water beads on the leaves (incase if it was looking like a burn).

Help!

burn.jpg

burn2.jpg

Looks like you had some water droplets on the leaves and it got burned. If the light is intense, the water can act like a magnifying glass and scorch those areas.

Matt50680 said:
Looks like you had some water droplets on the leaves and it got burned. If the light is intense, the water can act like a magnifying glass and scorch those areas.

Hmmm I'm not sure if it could be that because I'm not using any lighting. Plants are in the kitchen by the window and its been overcast for a few days :tear:

It may be some chemical residue in your misting bottle. Sad to say but, I had it happen to me. The Mrs. WGB used my mister for a spray cleaner by accident "of corse".THE PLANTS ARE STILL GROWING BUT HAVE SPOTS,we"ll see what happens.

I just started to squeese the trigger when I realized my sprayer was abused. the plants are healthy although they have spots.not all got hit with the spray. t.G.
100_0617.jpg

100_0615.jpg

:pray:

Back