• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

health Whats this on my Habanero : brown spots

this is my 4 months old Habanero orange and everyday some new leaves turn into like this and then the branch wilt . 2 days ago i used fungicide (Carbendazim + Mancozeb ) but still no improvement . Is this bacterial disease on which fungicide not working . Should i treat it with Copper fungicide ?. If yes then should i wait for copper application  as i just used fungicide and copper is incompatible with most of fungicide . We have pretty high humidity with temps 36C and 50-60% humidity 

Attachments

• WhatsApp Image 2020-07-13 at 09.53.58 (1).jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2020-07-13 at 09.53.58 (1).jpeg
    32 KB · Views: 100
  • WhatsApp Image 2020-07-13 at 09.53.58 (2).jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2020-07-13 at 09.53.58 (2).jpeg
    51.6 KB · Views: 96
  • WhatsApp Image 2020-07-13 at 09.53.58 (3).jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2020-07-13 at 09.53.58 (3).jpeg
    30.5 KB · Views: 95
Fungal, I've never had it on a chilli plant but I've had tomato plants destroyed by it. Its common for it to start at the bottom of the plant and work its way up, if you carefully remove infected leaves as soon as you see it you can possibly halt its spread or atleast slow it down. Put infected leaves straight into a bag and seal it, burn it or throw it away. Disinfect whatever you cut the leaves with before using it on other plants.

Its important to act quickly before it spreads but as I said in my original reply you should see if anyone else recognises it as something else before you start cutting leaves from your plants.

Maybe tomato spotted wilt virus?  Also attacks peppers.

I have a zero tolerance policy on plants that look like that and cull them asap ever since I lost a years worth of pepper plant seed stock to bacterial leaf spot.

Copper may be worth a try, has helped me once (one year) out of several years of issues.

Any more pics?  Like whole plant?

boutros said:
Maybe tomato spotted wilt virus?  Also attacks peppers.

I have a zero tolerance policy on plants that look like that and cull them asap ever since I lost a years worth of pepper plant seed stock to bacterial leaf spot.

Copper may be worth a try, has helped me once (one year) out of several years of issues.

Any more pics?  Like whole plant?
here it is 
https://ibb.co/hKTdpqL

Swinglish said:
Fungal, I've never had it on a chilli plant but I've had tomato plants destroyed by it. Its common for it to start at the bottom of the plant and work its way up, if you carefully remove infected leaves as soon as you see it you can possibly halt its spread or atleast slow it down. Put infected leaves straight into a bag and seal it, burn it or throw it away. Disinfect whatever you cut the leaves with before using it on other plants.

Its important to act quickly before it spreads but as I said in my original reply you should see if anyone else recognises it as something else before you start cutting leaves from your plants.
its opposite actually ,, started from top leaves and going down to bottom leaves . tried different fungicide but not even 10 percent control 

Back