• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Whats this spot on my Jolokia leaf?

Hi guys, my Bhut Jolokia seems to be doing fairly and growing pretty quick in its 9.5" pot with two 23W 6500K CF bulbs above it but I've noticed this spot which is slowly getting bigger on one of the leaves. Is this bug damage or some other issue? The lights are on 14 hours.

Also is it normal for the leaves to be this huge for a plant thats only about 7.5" tall? I water it once a week and I've fertlize it once every 3 weeks at half strength with Schultz liquid fertlizer. The water comes out of my aquarium so it may have some traces of ammonia and nitrates (very low) and PH is 6.5. I dont know exactly how dry it should be but I water it when the meter shown in the picture reads closer to 4 after which it goes nearly to 10 and over the course of the week goes back down to 4... Oh and I mist it once a week with regular tap water.

Should I change what I do and should I be concerned about that spot?

Thanks and sorry for my paranoia :crazy:

leaf.jpg

jolokia.jpg

watering.jpg

It looks like a spot I have on one of my plants leaves. I just put it down to being a burn of some sort... and I hope that's all it is!

Year before last, My Bydgi had similar white spots . I found out that a worm was merrily scrubbing away the chlorophyll and leaving whitewashed clean areas just like in pictures.
A simple insecticide spray stopped the menace.

I am in agreement with the water burn...a little drop of water under the light will magnify the light...kinda like focusing a laser...

I agree water spot like everyone else said. You are babying that bhut arent you?
Thats how you know your becoming obsessed like the rest of us.
It is also normal for the leaves to be that big before it starts to gain height. Kind of like a teanager who's feet grow first before the body does.

madhatter said:
I agree water spot like everyone else said. You are babying that bhut arent you?
Thats how you know your becoming obsessed like the rest of us.
It is also normal for the leaves to be that big before it starts to gain height. Kind of like a teanager who's feet grow first before the body does.

Thanks everyone for the replies and the help. I feel much better knowing its a water spot burn :) Also I am babying this thing and I think I AM obsessed. LOL.

Back