What's up with the leaves on this OW?

I have this unknown over winter (actually I think its a cascabel) and I noticed some new growth is funky. Any ideas what this could be? I have only watered 3 or 4 times since bringing it in at the beginning of December 2013.  Added like a tea spoon of slow release fertilizer to the soil while when I potted it up (before I learned it wasn't necessary). Originally I had topped it and pruned back a bit as well, this is mostly new growth.

UmJdlU3l.jpg

I had 2 overwinters in the ground.  They came back in spring and then for months put out twisted weirdo leaves bit never made much progress.  I never found the cause and ended up pulling them out when it was apparent they were not going to produce anything.

From that one photo the plant actually looks pretty good.  It might have gotten a little fright from the slow release fertilizer, I wouldn't do anything, just keep an eye on it and it will likely come right.

Not sure what it is on those 2 leaves. It looks like "sunburn" to me. Did they look a little "tanned" or darkened a day or 2 prior to the shriveling? If so, that's the issue and it can be handled by either letting the plant get more used to the light it's getting or moving the light up a few inches. If it is sunburn, those leaves may eventually fall off and others will replace them. Could be fert burn also.

At this point I think it could be the ferts too, but not sure bc another bigger plant got the same treatment.

The bigger plant was actually cut down to just the stem and a couple weeks ago put out new growth. No problems on it. This smaller plant I just pruned back a bit.

Both plants sit in front of a South facing window with smoked glass. There is a mini green house tent over them with the back lined in mylar to reflect sunlight.

For thos two leaves, they actually grew out that way. All the new growth him both plants has been green.

You could always cut the affected leaves off and see if the new ones grow in normal. My overwinters are also in a southern window. I have to cut ALOT of growth off every other week because the decreased amount of light they get in the winter just does not support the full canopy of leaves that they grow. Yours look very good for being in a window. Trimming a few leaves off will most likely do more helping than harming.

Yeah we get a lot of sun actually... The whole front of the house (including this window) actually faces southwest with almost no blockage, so for the majority of the day at have full sun.

I think I will trim those leaves off as you suggest, better to know if it's a deeper problem or just a freak accident.

Back