• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

health whats wrong with my ghost?

581196_10100117743190607_2021597579_n.jpg

my ghost has curled tips and yellowing leaves. I did a stupid move by transferring while he was wilting. He does fine underneath flo lights but wilts everytime he gets in the sun even a half hour at a time(did not use to do that outside). the good people at new earth says i over fertilized??? any suggestions would be great! thank you

Bingo be slow to grow plus when ive taken my plants from inside to outside I leave them in the shade (no direct sun at all )for a week then a lil sun at a time for a couple times when im home so I can watch how the react to the sun then thay do just fine.hope this helps

Aww your pepper just wants to be cute for you man....maybe, It looks fine sir, just a twinkle of fertilizer over-power and some stress from transplanting, moving around, lighting, yatta yatta. Let it do its thing, its going to be resilient and bounce back from pretty much any stress as long as you keep its thirst quenched. So about these people of new earth, do they look like us? Is it like a big earth, a small earth or the same sized earth but backwards? I'm so intrigued by the people of new earth ;)

Soil looks a little dry to me. Pick up a bottle of Alaskan Fish Fertilizer (Lowes, Menards, Home Depot and some Wal-Marts all have it), I know alot have heard me say this, but I truely believe in the product, it has worked wonders for me. It wont burn the plants from over-fert and it is an organic/natural product, your plants will thank you for it. Just dont leave the bottle sitting out, the neighborhood cats will lick the label right off it!

the people from new earth... ha, its actually an organic plant shop. pretty much the only one in louisville(there are a couple more but everyone i talk to point me in their direction). they actually told me the yellowing could be due to an over fertilizing. Im now just playing the waiting game until the next watering... yeh. its funny cause the jalapeno cayenne serrano and such love the fert. its just the super hots??? hmm maybe cause they thrive in such barren environments, im just goning to lay off the fert. for now. ill check into that ala. fert too. thanks to you all

Back