• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

health What's wrong with my leaves?

My 7 pot burgundy plant's leaves are getting crinkly followed by black/burgundy coloured dots along the veins and then they eventually drop. Below is a picture of one of the leaves that dropped. My mustard bhut plant is having a similar issue but the speckles are more black than the other plant. I have about 50 other plants that are fine. Is this a disease that I need to worry about spreading or something else? Thanks!

leafissue_zpsoac9mpgn.jpg

There is some new growth starting where the leaves have fallen off. That would be great if it is normal and not something horribly wrong with them.

What are you feeding them? Crinkly is usually an over abundance of nutrients. Its like amino acids on steroids introduced to your body.

I haven't been feeding them yet. They are in Schultz potting soil (didn't have a lot of options back when I bought it in the middle of winter) and are still reasonably small and in solo cups. I hadn't planned on feeding them until they were a bit larger. Maybe it's a lack of something, or maybe the potting soil is off kilter for peppers? But then again, the majority of my other plants look fine.

Back