• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

health What's wrong with this pepper? Will it ripen?

For the past few days the thing connecting the pepper to the plant has been yellowing, what's wrong with it?

IMG_0997.jpg

I thought so. Someone will probably have a better answer for you but the stem looks good and the pod looks good so I dunno. Are any other pods on the plant doing the same thing?

Edmick said:
I thought so. Someone will probably have a better answer for you but the stem looks good and the pod looks good so I dunno. Are any other pods on the plant doing the same thing?

Just the one, but some leaves are yellow and the new leaves are a bit curled. I don't see any bugs.

moruga welder said:
cal / mag ,  lumens / sun ,     :party:

I feed it cal mag every two weeks more or less and it's been getting the same amount of sun since the beginning more or less. Do they need more sun when they start fruiting? The pod too is becoming lighter in color.

moruga welder said:
whats the weather like ? inside or outside , containers or garden , how much water how often ?  lots of info needed 
Sorry. Its in a 1 gallon container in my balcony. I know its too small, but Im trying to decide which varieties I like most because I dont have space for all of them in large containers. The temperature ranges from 68 to 88 every day and its very humid. I water them when the top inch of the soil is dry, every 7-10 days. It doesnt get direct sunlight all day long, Id say 4 hours.

ThePizzaMonster said:
Its in a 1 gallon container in my balcony. I know its too small.

A one gallon container should not be a problem. My plants are quite happy in 3-litre pots (3/4 of a gallon).

Dinsdale said:

A one gallon container should not be a problem. My plants are quite happy in 3-litre pots (3/4 of a gallon).
What happens when they reach their size limit for the container? Do new leaves just stop growing or do they fall?

ThePizzaMonster said:
What happens when they reach their size limit for the container? Do new leaves just stop growing or do they fall?

The plant just stops producing new branches and new leaves and starts producing flowers instead.

Dinsdale said:

The plant just stops producing new branches and new leaves and starts producing flowers instead.
And after every flower has dropped or turned to fruit (and has been harvested) does it produce flowers again on the same nodes? Do you prune it to induce new growth?

Back