• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

health Whats wrong with this plant?

All the leaves on this one plant are like this...very dark veins, light in between...any ideas? This is the only one of my plants like this, so far.

whatsthis.jpg

Thanks

Shane

All the leaves on this one plant are like this...very dark veins, light in between...any ideas? This is the only one of my plants like this, so far.

whatsthis.jpg

Thanks

Shane

Things it could be:

Iron (-Fe) deficiency shows Interveinal Chlorosis (Yellowing between the veins)
Magnesium (-Mg) deficiency shows some Interveinal Chlorosis also
Potassium (-K) deficiency shows older leaves with Interveinal Chlorosis early in the deficiency

The leaves however are VERY yellow, this might be more than one deficiency, probably -N (nitrogen)

When was the last time you fertilized it? And what did you fertilize it with (NPK) and how much?

Usually when I see a plant like that, the first thing I think is, it looks hungry! But you have to be careful because there could be plenty of the deficient nutrients in the soil but the plant cannot access them due to excess of other nutrients blocking it or the soil pH being to low (Acidic) or too high (Alkaline).

If you can test the soil pH, do that first... Make sure it's in the 6.8 to 6.5 range. If you have not fed it in over two weeks, give it some equal NPK like 10-10-10 or something close.

Good luck :)

Anything going on with the older leaves? Iron, Magnesium or Potassium deficiences will usually hit older, lower leaves first. Those look like younger leaves.

shane richard is right on.
cna u show a pic of the whole plant and medium will help as well.
leeching or flushing is something i highly believe in.
then starting a new feeding sched

I am about to head to a church event and will see if I can get a full plant shot to post when I get back tonight.

Back