• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

hybrid What's your BEST cross???

PepperLover said:
i have crossed Jonah with Brian strain this last season 
this is how they looked 

6boo.jpg

03nr.jpg

qis.JPG
Awesome looking peppers! How do they taste and what's the heat level like?

Hey Dulac..I would LOVE to trade!
Just one problem...I planted ALL of my seeds this season
*facepalm*
Sorry man,but I'll pm you in january when I have more :)

Judy! Those look awesome! Let us know if you'll be sharing
those on your site or hear,would love to get some

PepperLover said:
surprisingly, there are very sweet with good heat , 
the best way to describe the flavor is Bishop's Hat but much more heat in them   

PepperLover said:

That's cool looking pepper. The flavor is intriguing. My 7 pot Jonah x pimenta da Neyde cross took mostly the pimenta da Neyde flavor with good heat :) .
PepperLover said:
thank you Nigel.
i really enjoy crossing peppers more than anything.
it is amazing how the shape, color, texture, smell, heat flavor, and size; all characteristics are unpredictable unless you actually see the fruit in the next generation
crossing is a fun/game/hobby by itself  

It sure is fun! Crossing has become a hobby of mine.
MeatHead1313 said:
SBJ7 for me as well. Amazing taste and a great heat level for me.

I also like the heat level the ones I grew have. They seem to be on the lower spectrum of superhot (800k - 1m?)

PepperLover said:
Good looking and good tasting. It doesn't get better than that. Can't wait until they're available. 

I have isolated sb7j seeds from patrick (the creator). I also love crossing plants as well. This season I crossed a yellow Scotch Bonnet X Not Black Naga (not black naga is a mean unknown cross that makes red pods from cmpman) I have 3 of them growing inside now, there's no telling what it will look/taste like. Other crosses I have growing inside now include: bubblegum 7, 007 Butch T, Brazilian Ghost pepper (jford) and just this evening I sowed some 7 Pot Lava Red and7 Pot Evergreen, both from Judy.

Definitely my Pakistan Naga x Sweet Habanero!

I'm currently working on: (1)  African bird's eye x 7 Pot (SR original strain) x Naga Morich
                                       (2)  Chocolate habanero x BrainStrain
                                       (3)  Black Congo x Naga Morich

Also keen to see how Fatalii x Lemon Drop turns out - not holding thumbs for major success but it's gonna be interesting.

chilli whisperer said:
Heu Coheed,you got any pics? Those sound very interesting! :)
Only seedlings right now, they were only planted in October. You can find pictures of alot of those I listed online, but mine aren't big enough yet.

My best (and first) cross - TSMB x Fatalii (F1).  Lots of heat, but more importantly, flavor.  For more info, Nigel did a great review, and I previously posted about it.  Here's a new pic.  The three on the left were not quite fully ripe.

10934960255_1d2f04cc1e_c.jpg

hottoddy said:
My best (and first) cross - TSMB x Fatalii (F1).  Lots of heat, but more importantly, flavor.  For more info, Nigel did a great review, and I previously posted about it.  Here's a new pic.  The three on the left were not quite fully ripe.

Where can I get some of those seeds????

RobStar said:
Definitely my Pakistan Naga x Sweet Habanero!

I'm currently working on: (1)  African bird's eye x 7 Pot (SR original strain) x Naga Morich
                                       (2)  Chocolate habanero x BrainStrain
                                       (3)  Black Congo x Naga Morich

Also keen to see how Fatalii x Lemon Drop turns out - not holding thumbs for major success but it's gonna be interesting.

lel

hottoddy said:

Would also like to grow this haha

hottoddy said:

Nice cross. They look like they taste good. 

Please let me know when you do judy,   it looks like a really awesome pepper.
Can't wait to see what it will look and taste like, when you are done with it.
I tried several crosses this fall but I didn't care to much about their flavor, I'm not to fond of the chocolate Bhuts and its crosses, I did taste a yellow 7 pod cross that was good although I can't remember its name or what it was crossed with right off hand but it was one of the better tasting ones I had tried.

Back