• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

favorite whats your favorite yellow ?

D3monic said:

I know I know, I have like 4 pots that still have Reg MG and I gave my dad all the ones that had the MG organic. 
one of my Bhutlahs at 5 weeks old , not in M.G. . pro mix plus Ecovie food .
IMG_0146.JPG

ajdrew said:

Think about the Yellow Primo.  I dont -think- it was made by the same person, so why on earth would it still be called Primo when it has been crossed with something else?  I can understand it with things like the Chocolate Reaper which I am fairly sure is from recessive genes in the Carolina Reaper, but if a person crossed the Carolina Reaper with something else to create the chocolate variety I think it odd to keep calling it a Carolina Reaper.

So very confusing the way we recycle and and rename things
Is it really that confusing, well from a money perspective and fame perspective it isn't but from a variety point it is I agree... people are desperate to want to associate there new creations with "the most googled names " to create instant acceptability and spin money faster.

How many people would of googled Carolina reaper to buy seeds and seen a chocolate version and thought " No way, I've never heard anyone mention a chocolate version .. I'm getting those ones because they will be über rare" .. CHA CHING... Winner winner winner.. Collect your money...

Same thing with the Primo, they needed to attach that Fame card to it so it was readily accessible and acceptable of being a must have.

lol.. I was proud to hear of the Bhutlah, someone showed ball's to actually go with a fresh name and somewhat associate it with its parents .. Good call..

MeatHead1313 said:
Bonda ma Jacques x yellow 7 pot.
That does sound awesome.  I forgot all about Bonda Ma Jacques from last year.  It was great and really productive.  Been putting smoked bonda powder on pizza last few months.

moruga welder said:
one of my Bhutlahs at 5 weeks old , not in M.G. . pro mix plus Ecovie food .
attachicon.gif
IMG_0146.JPG
I would say I'm jealous and ask for more info how you got plants that big after 5 weeks.  But then I realized, I don't want them to be that big until plant out time at the earliest.  I wouldn't have room.   In fact, I really want my plants this year to be smaller overall, and about half as productive.  I just had too big of a jungle last year and way to many pods to deal with.

I made a sauce last fall with some yellow fatali peppers it it was one of the best tasting sauces I've made. I'm going to grow a few this year.

Opinions on potting soil are so very wildly different that I think maybe water ph is more a factor.  Why else could one person report great results from a mix and the next horrible results?

jcw10tc said:
That does sound awesome.  I forgot all about Bonda Ma Jacques from last year.  It was great and really productive.  Been putting smoked bonda powder on pizza last few months.

I would say I'm jealous and ask for more info how you got plants that big after 5 weeks.  But then I realized, I don't want them to be that big until plant out time at the earliest.  I wouldn't have room.   In fact, I really want my plants this year to be smaller overall, and about half as productive.  I just had too big of a jungle last year and way to many pods to deal with.
well jc. was hoping that it might and i mean just might get to 5o in late march , then these will be out in the green house , but if it doesn't i will top them , 

moruga welder said:
well jc. was hoping that it might and i mean just might get to 5o in late march , then these will be out in the green house , but if it doesn't i will top them , 
Now I am jealous, wish I had a green house.  Next time I move will look for property where I can build one or at least have a nice big sun room on back of house.  The way the weather is going for us, we might just have to hope for above freezing by late March.  Saw -13 on car thermometer on way to work this morning.  Ridiculous for almost March if you ask me.

ajdrew said:
I am with meinchoh on the CARDI, assuming s/he means their yellow scorpion.  From a growing point of view, CARDI is impressive.  On the peppers listed, my brain is again spinning on how people choose what to call a thing and how sometimes the same thing gets different names.

Think about the Yellow Primo.  I dont -think- it was made by the same person, so why on earth would it still be called Primo when it has been crossed with something else?  I can understand it with things like the Chocolate Reaper which I am fairly sure is from recessive genes in the Carolina Reaper, but if a person crossed the Carolina Reaper with something else to create the chocolate variety I think it odd to keep calling it a Carolina Reaper.

So very confusing the way we recycle and and rename things.

D3monic - My red n yellow Fatalii seem to absolutely HATE nitrogen.  Maybe start them on plain water for a bit?

The yellow Primo is just a yellow sport of the std Primo - pretty much like a yellow 7 Pot is a sport of the red.  Not outcrosses or even hybrids.  Just mutations.  Plant enough seed and chances are that a different colour mutation will pop up.  I know THSCo have their TS Butch T in Chocolate Brown - no cross breeding etc - just a natural mutation.  Hmmmmmm I see you have RED Fatalii ;)

OK my fave is the CARDI Yello Scorpion.  Beautiful fruit (great appeal) with a sweet fruity flavour and a very decent burn.  Makes fantastic sauce and imo prob one of the best scotch bonnets.

ajdrew said:
Opinions on potting soil are so very wildly different that I think maybe water ph is more a factor.  Why else could one person report great results from a mix and the next horrible results?

Sometimes things like over watering can cause this, and could explain why ones does great, and another does not. Early on, I was baffled why my plants kept showing calcium, iron and nitrogen deficiencies. I cut back on water, and the problem disappeared. Too much water interrupts proper nutrient uptake. This is why I believe its kind of hard to grow peppers in Florida in pots. The sun evaporates water so quickly, that you are forced to water them more frequently leading to deficiencies. 

AAronTT - Not sure if my wife is a tomato gourmet or a nut case, but she claims she can tell the difference between a tomato grown in a container and a tomato grown in the ground.  At first, I thought sure it is the soil content.  So I grew some in containers using the same combination of mulch and soil that we got going on in our garden.  She said she could tell the difference.  So I brought her tomato without telling her which were which.  She picked right.  Same soil, same water, I was baffled.

Think you are on to something and I do not think it is just Florida.  But also going with different people get different results from various potting soils because different people do other things differently.  Maybe one is less of a problem with over-watering because it retains less water.  So thinking each individual is going to have different observations. 
Thinking miracle grow is probably packed full of nitrogen to serve as a general purpose potting soil.  Remember, their big advertisement is that it can feed plants for up to six months.  Some folk are so in love with their plants that they have to mess with them everyday.  Other folk can barely remember to water.  Mass consumer products have to meet a huge range of customer needs.  Thinking you can not be the best at any one thing (type of plant) if you are trying to be the overall best.  Willing to bet it kicks ass on the average houseplant that is hardly ever given anything other than tap water.

jcw10tc said:
Now I am jealous, wish I had a green house.  Next time I move will look for property where I can build one or at least have a nice big sun room on back of house.  The way the weather is going for us, we might just have to hope for above freezing by late March.  Saw -13 on car thermometer on way to work this morning.  Ridiculous for almost March if you ask me.
little colder than that here , at 4:30 this morn.  gonna have a cool summer i believe .    :onfire:

I'm pissed I took my green house back. I should of still set it up. When I was building my garden last year it was so late into spring that It was too hot to put anything into it by the time I was ready to build it. I had bought a decent one from Home depot    http://www.homedepot.com/p/Riverstone-Monticello-8-ft-x-8-ft-Black-Premium-Greenhouse-Kit-MONT-8-BK-PREMIUM/203439468?cm_mmc=Shopping%7cBase&gclid=CjwKEAiAyMCnBRDa0Pyex-qswB0SJADKNMKAAjz9XbNamkQ1mjk3yrZhlYV6O9h6I6TQMEaDebBFuBoCBMXw_wcB&gclsrc=aw.ds

Along with two of the shelves that go with it. I should never of taken it back but I was worried about it just sitting empty all summer/winter that it might get destroyed before I got use out of it. 

D3monic said:
I'm pissed I took my green house back. I should of still set it up. When I was building my garden last year it was so late into spring that It was too hot to put anything into it by the time I was ready to build it. I had bought a decent one from Home depot    http://www.homedepot.com/p/Riverstone-Monticello-8-ft-x-8-ft-Black-Premium-Greenhouse-Kit-MONT-8-BK-PREMIUM/203439468?cm_mmc=Shopping%7cBase&gclid=CjwKEAiAyMCnBRDa0Pyex-qswB0SJADKNMKAAjz9XbNamkQ1mjk3yrZhlYV6O9h6I6TQMEaDebBFuBoCBMXw_wcB&gclsrc=aw.ds

Along with two of the shelves that go with it. I should never of taken it back but I was worried about it just sitting empty all summer/winter that it might get destroyed before I got use out of it. 
no way my friend !  i kept some adults plants in mine , took it down for the winter and stored it in the garage . go get it back right now ! lol  then you won't need to be pissed off . :onfire:  

moruga welder said:
no way my friend !  i kept some adults plants in mine , took it down for the winter and stored it in the garage . go get it back right now ! lol  then you won't need to be pissed off . :onfire:  

I can't afford it any more :( 

Back