when are flowers ready for pollination

Hi, how do i see when the flowers are ready for pollination? I have them in my basement (will move them out later) and one of the plant now have flowers.

2014-05-07_11-26-56.png

If you have a fan on it, it will pollinate itself. But if they are open, they are pretty much ready to pollinate. I read somewhere on here that mid afternoon was when they typically have the most pollen. Not sure if that applies to indoor or not.

compmodder26 said:
If you have a fan on it, it will pollinate itself. But if they are open, they are pretty much ready to pollinate. I read somewhere on here that mid afternoon was when they typically have the most pollen. Not sure if that applies to indoor or not.

ok, thanx, yes i have a fan.

Wait until the anthers burst open! If you are going to hand pollinate with a finger or brush, wait until the anthers pop before you go prodding.

If the plant isn't producing pollen for whatever reason,it will abort the flowers no matter what you do. If you are getting large blossoms that are full of pollen,it is as easy as flicking the stem of the plant.

Pr0digal_son said:
Wait until the anthers burst open! If you are going to hand pollinate with a finger or brush, wait until the anthers pop before you go prodding.

If the plant isn't producing pollen for whatever reason,it will abort the flowers no matter what you do. If you are getting large blossoms that are full of pollen,it is as easy as flicking the stem of the plant.

The flowers are full of pollen, when i touch them there is lots of pollen on my finger.

They're ready to go when they gave pollen. You can pollinate with a brush if you want, but it's much faster to use a spray bottle when you have to do lots. Just make sure you must directly into the flower.

Of you want, put a tsp of Epsom's salt into a 1l spray bottle and feed while you pollinate.

Neil

Blister said:
They're ready to go when they gave pollen. You can pollinate with a brush if you want, but it's much faster to use a spray bottle when you have to do lots. Just make sure you must directly into the flower.

Of you want, put a tsp of Epsom's salt into a 1l spray bottle and feed while you pollinate.

Neil

How often should i spray with Epsom salt?

I do once a week when I remember. It's just a light misting. You don't want it dropping off your plants. It'll pollinate the flowers and helps green the plants up too.

Back