chinense When are mustard Scorpions Ripe?

I grew the green scorpion last season. I let them get bronze,anymore and they get really soft.
100912230442.jpg

Sounds right, John. They do go soft on the plant as they continue to change color very slowly. Thanks.

the ones at the bottom of your pic Nigel are the ripe ones

the one to the left in prodigal sons pic is the ripe one

Daddler im pretty sure its not the same as the Green Trini because this one is actually just a Mustard mutation of the Yellow Trinidad Scorpion "FG" that comes out of Australia (got from Junglerain), its also not as hot a normal Trini and the Green Trini is still as hot as other Trini's from what I gather,   does the Green Trini turn a little yellow when ripe? if so then you are correct,    it think its called Evergreen? so I would be inclined to think it doesn't

thanks I hope I shed a little light on this

thanks your friend Joe

My Trinidad Green Scorpion was originally from Junglerain. I don't want to say they are the same as the Mustard Scorpion,I find it hard to believe they aren't though. I picked mine when they were Kahki/Apple Butter colored. They will get brown mustard if you leave them go long enough. At that point,they are just short of rotting.

Pr0digal_son said:
My Trinidad Green Scorpion was originally from Junglerain. I don't want to say they are the same as the Mustard Scorpion,I find it hard to believe they aren't though. I picked mine when they were Kahki/Apple Butter colored. They will get brown mustard if you leave them go long enough. At that point,they are just short of rotting.
sounds about the same maybe they are??

im going to contact grant and get to the bottom of this
thanks your friend Joe

Pr0digal_son said:
i contacted Grant have not gotten an answer yet
wanna see what he says

thank you
your friend joe

SL3 said:
Do those ripe ones taste as good as they look?
they do taste pretty good
ajijoe said:
i contacted Grant have not gotten an answer yet
wanna see what he says

thank you
your friend joe
just heard from Grant and yes the Mustard TS is from the Yellow TS FG  so I did not create it just discovered it in my garden just like him

thanks your friend Joe

Back