• Everything other than hot peppers. Questions, discussion, and grow logs. Cannabis grow pics are only allowed when posted from a legal juridstiction.

when does avocado fruit?

The house I moved into in February has an avocado tree in the yard. It has tons of little budding spots that I assume will fruit yet its already more than halfway through June and no actual fruits forming. Can I hope to get any this year if there's nothing thus far or is my tree having technical difficulties?? TIA

Avacado can take up to 5-8 yrs to produce first fruit... so I dont suppose you know how old it is ?
And you will find first fruit not that great !

chilliman said:
Avacado can take up to 5-8 yrs to produce first fruit... so I dont suppose you know how old it is ?
And you will find first fruit not that great !

I have no idea how old it is, but it's about 15 feet tall if that's any judge of it's age. I can eat half a dozen avocados easily in one sitting and was really looking forward to having a bunch this summer.

LOL...hmmmm 15ft...nope that dose not help as that is average size for small tree and they get there with in 3 yrs or so but can grow up to 40ft.... I have one about 15ft and it should be due for fruit next season too !

I suppose you will expect some in next two seasons if not you will get some this season... And try hand pollination to ensure transfer. And try giving it more : P (potassium) & K (phos) and MINIMUM : N (nitrogen) during fruiting season

Remember that Avocado WILL NOT ripen on the tree ! They have to be picked as there is hormones/ Chemicals that will stop the fruit hitting maturity on the tree.

Back