• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

when to go from solo cup to pots?

i don't do it until last freeze and i can put them outside, i don't have enough room for 50+ 5gal bags indoors.

I could pot up to intermediate like 1 gal containers but feel like it'd be a waste of time and i'd need alot more space as 60 16oz cups vs 60 1gal cups is still a lot. (1 : 8).

I keep mine in solo cups until I plant out 3 to 4 months. I have about a dozen been in cups going on three months look like its going to be at least two more months before I harden them off.

ArkansasJack said:
I keep mine in solo cups until I plant out 3 to 4 months. I have about a dozen been in cups going on three months look like its going to be at least two more months before I harden them off.
I know that's right! Mine aren't that old Jack but it's still good and cold round here too.

To the OP I was curious too about this. Mine will soon go into solo cups.

Balduvian said:
just wondering when you guys tend to take your plants from solo cups and put them into 1gallon or bigger pots

I guess it depends on the plant out date and growing season time.

The ones having a long season, you can keep in solo cups and put outside and let grow all summer to its final size.

I am not so sure about BC's climate, but in Montreal, plant out date are typically around May 24... If i was to plant from solo cups to outside on May 24, I wouldn't get that much peppers during the summer  :tear:. Considering that they wouldn't get that big and have a small tight rootball.

So IMO, I prefer potting up to 1 gallons and let grow as big as I can before going out. 

TEURF

I believe it is Patrick who had a 6 or 8 foot tall plant in a solo cup...Yes, he has a pic of it! To answer your question, I'm with Phil and Jedisushi on this one - when root bound.

Back