• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

When to Repot

Last Thursday I saw the need to repot about 40 Scorpions, I ran out of pots and didn't get the new ones till 2 days ago, the pic shows the difference in growth over a 5 day period. as you can see it is substantial, all the plants in the 2 pics are the same age, always plan ahead chillieheads!!
IMG_0106-8.jpg
IMG_0101-17.jpg

it's funny how quickly they can take over the size of the pot u put them in. I got so many palnts and not enough pots right now that when i do put them in something bigger they expand quickly just like this.

I'd pot them up when they are a foot to a foot and a half tall. I noticed that the plants I have , I didnt pot them up soon enough and the growth didnt shoot through the roof like my others did

I used to repot a plant a few times, but realized it's a lot of work having to repot 2-3 times if you have 20+ plants. Now I grow them in 1 gallon pots until they are 12" and pot them up to their final home.

I start mine from seed sewn into 3" cups and transplant direct to 5 gallon buckets or the ground when I think the frost date has passed. This costs me a few weeks of grow time indoors but I'm always trying to find ways to reduce the time and labor spent.

Back