• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

seeds When to water baby seedlings?

So after all my reading on the boards, I'm thoroughly terrified of overwatering...but when am I suppose to water these tiny seedlings?

I didn't soak the FFOF, I just added a little moisture to get a light clumping...spongy feel. And I spritzed the seed area with a couple squirts from a spray bottle.

Now they are just about an inch tall, just cot's.

Will the cot's just droop when they're thirsty? I'm opting for a syringe to individually water the seedlings until they are big enough for bottom watering.

Thanks

I dont think there is a rule for when to water sprouts. If you think they are dry, give them a small drink. If they start to sag down, give them a small drink. Keep an eye on the color. Too much water will turn them a lighter green/yellow color. If that happens, just hold off for a while.

Breath.. relax.. your doing fine.

Id say keep your seedlings moist.When pepper plants get bigger you allow them to dry out between watering but seedlings you dont want these to dry out.Just keep them moist they will be fine

I keep them consistently moist. I use a pump spray bottle to make it something I can do often at my convenience. This also helps prevent drowning them (which they will be angry at). After a set of true leaves or two I will let this get a tad wilted before watering.

don't let them dry out but don't flood them either. I water seedlings once a day just enough so some water drips to the bottom of the pot.

Spray bottle; a couple of light spritzes several times a day.

Of course, factors such as relative humidty, ambient temperature, soil temperature (if you have them on a heat mat or similar), air movement, etc. will affect the need for watering.

Back