• This is the place to discuss all spicy commerical products, not just sauce!

where did i come from?

Howdy all!

Since you al have been a great source of help, I have a question I’d like to throw at you.

I think I have mentioned in the past I am doing a private label for my sauce business, meaning I purchase it from a company and apply my own label. While this has worked I’ve often wondered where the sauce is really coming from, what manufacturer etc. I’ve been told they are our of PA but I’d like to investigate the company actually manufacturing the sauce better for my own future reference.

I noted there are little numbers/codes on the side of every bottle manufactured which im assuming is a way to track where the product was made.

Where about could I go to find out where this bottle/product actually came from? I’m wondering if it’s possible to cut out the middleman so asking the company I get it from isn’t an option. I don’t want to rock any boats or cause any concerns.

Thanks in advance for your help!

Are you sure the company you have the private label deal with isn't making them? That's usually how it works. It'd be strange if it was private label, private lablel.

Alot of times bulk materials don't have a UPC code because they're not usually offered for direct sale to consumers in a "normal" store.....i.e., i haven't been to a supermarket yet that sold 55 gallon drums of habanero mash(but if they did, i'd be the first one flogging the bag-boys to get the thing loaded into my car)

Back