• This is the place to discuss all spicy commerical products, not just sauce!

Where to find Matouk's

Hi, I have been searching all over to find Matouk's Hot Sauce in Southern California. I am by LAX and I used to be able to find it in Downey but the store does not carry it anymore. I hate to buy it on line because the shipping cost so much more than the bottle of the Hot Sauce. If there is anyone out there that can help me I would greatly appreciate it. Thank you. Cin.

If you like Matouks, try Marie Sharpes (white label...not the gold one). I think they are quite similar.
Matouks is from the caribbean and MS is from Belize, but it is close in flavor and heat.
...and for what it's worth I prefer Maries!!! Look into it at your local grocer.

Also, check the ethnic section instead of the hot sauce section of your grocery store. Sometimes I find new hot sauces there, ones local to a particular region.

Probably all stuff you've tried. Good luck!

Have you tried the supermarket in the hot sauce, jerk sauce Caribbean area? We have one here in Pathmark and they have it.

Try the hispanic section in some of your supermarket.I don't think they are that similar to Marie Sharpes.Very flavorful sauce,we have them all over Houston...

Thank you for the replies. I found the Matouk's at an Albertson's but I also found the Marie Sharpes that you are talking about and can't wait to give it a try.

Nice. I hope you like the Marie Sharps. It's my favorite everyday sauce. Great straight on tortilla chips sitting on the couch late at night watching sportscenter again and again.

I hope I will not be disappointed with this Marie Sharpes. I noticed that it is a Habanero Hot Sauce no offence but everytime I try one of those I am just so disappointed because they tase terrible and they are never HOT. I will try it this weekend with my fresh homemade tortilla chips and hopefully finally have found a Habanero Hot Sauce that is good. Thank you for the tip.

im interested to hear what you think, no sugar coat.
Homemade tortilla chips, eh??? Good idea, think I'll get a new bottle of Maries too!!!

I tried the Marie Sharp's Hot Sauce and thought it was pretty good. Not quite as hot as I like but it has good flavor to it. Thanks for letting me know about it I will keep it on my list of favorites!!!!

hot licks in long beach in the area near the aquarium
is about the best selection in greater los angeles fyi

last time i went there maries had an island in the middle of the store

plenty of tasting if you want to also :hell:

Back