• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Where to get peppers?

New to the forum.. and wow lots of info!! Im glad I found it! Does anyone have any suggestions where to get peppers mailorder?

I would love to try some savinas and other varieties of habs in some sauces and cant find them local. I suppose dry would be the best way to get them. I have seen some mash sold but I doubt I would ever need a 5 gallon bucket(which was how it was sold) and dont know much about using mash. I figure at least dry if I have to buy alot of it.. it will store a while. I have only used fresh peppers in the past.. but if dry tastes just as good.. seems like it would be easier.

Any help would be great.. thanks!!

Welcome to the forums!

I take it your not looking to grow plants. If I mis-understood your post and you are looking for plants you can always try Chileplants.com. They also sell fresh peppers but only in the fall. It could be tough finding fresh peppers this time of year. You can always buy dried on the net but it might be tough finding a specific type. I can usually find some type of pepper at the local shopping center, but there again, nothing specific or exotic. Here is a link to some dried chiles.
FrontierFoods.com

Hope this helps,

I don't know where you live, but in the NorthEast US you find xalapas, sometimes poblanos, sometimes habaneros. None of these is on the shelf even most of the time.

If you are going very far afield with chiles, you will have to grow your own.

Chiles are very easy to grow.

Back