• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Where to go from here

So my seeds are now germinating in 2 Jiffy trays (each 11 X 22 inches). I planed on seting them end to end to form a strip that is 11 X 44 inches, then placing 48 inch long T12 lights over them (obviously running length wise ).

Here is the question: How many 40 watt T12 lights do I need to cover an 11 inch wide space of peppers?

Is one sufficient? or is two needed?

So my seeds are now germinating in 2 Jiffy trays (each 11 X 22 inches). I planed on seting them end to end to form a strip that is 11 X 44 inches, then placing 48 inch long T12 lights over them (obviously running length wise ).

Here is the question: How many 40 watt T12 lights do I need to cover an 11 inch wide space of peppers?

Is one sufficient? or is two needed?

First off if you haven't purchased the T12's yet buy the T8's.......or buy the T8's anyways. They have closer spacing between bulbs and the newer 6 bulb high-bay fixtures are inexpensive, plus the bulbs are cheap.

You'd be better off placing your fixtures side by side, rather than ganging them up length wise. Your plants will beneifit from the additional side lighting.

Greg

Back