which would you buy?

Pick the flavors you would be most likely to choose.

• Total voters
I'm looking for some feedback to see which jelly you would choose if you saw this selection at a farmers market.

Orange, blackberry (one of my faves), pomegranate. I like preserves though, not jelly.

Not the others. I don't like "pepper only" jellies, too much pectin.

Mix preserves and peppers, and I'd vote for those.

I like real fruit pieces, not just juice and sugar. Jelly is usually fruit juice, sugar, and pectin, and the consistency is "gel-y" hence the name.

Pepper jelly is usually just pieces of peppers suspended in clear jelly. Yuck.

Preserves is chunks of fruit and usually no added pectin (the fruit itself has enough). Just fruit and sugar cooked down. Blackberry preserves is one of the best. Some even replace added sugar with apple or other juice.

Pepper fruit preserves. Win.

i  made peter pepper jelly for xmas gifts.. it went over very well since it was mildly spicey to them.. so i suggest serrano or jal or manzano or even green anaheims.. I would give your samples out on crackers and cream cheese or even bagels and cream cheese.
 then again you could do a fruit pepper mix.. i like hab and mango or 7 pot and cherry or lemon/lime juice with yellow fatalii,(add the citrus zest in). The only other one i have tried was pineapple and yellow manzano... also very good.

the trick i found with pepper jelly is to only use pure cane sugar and only use certo liquid pectin... the powder stuff didnt work at all even after 3x the suggested amount

The Hot Pepper said:
Orange, blackberry (one of my faves), pomegranate. I like preserves though, not jelly.

Not the others. I don't like "pepper only" jellies, too much pectin.

Mix preserves and peppers, and I'd vote for those.
i have found theat the Danish and Belgian products are wonderful, i get mine at BIG LOTS i have used the Black current in a hot sauce once turned out good
i Like these because there almost always made with real sugar like glucose and not High fructose corn syrup, they taste better than jelly too, for me texture doesnt matter but if i had to choose i like preserves much better
im going to have to throw some wild brazil in a jar of it sometime, i did it a few years ago and loved it!!

thanks your friend Joe

Side note- I do not like pepper jellies or pepper/fruit jellies made with green chiles.  The green flavor with the sugar just doesn't cut it for me.  Pepper jellies, or pepper/fruit preserves taste better to me with ripe chiles. 

I'll have to agree with you about using green peppers. I've tried to make a few with them but something is off. 

On a side note, I have been getting people to try the jellies and much tomy surprise, the response has been great. They've been used at several parties already and I am told that every bit is eaten. And the party goers are wanting to know where to get some of there very own. By my count, well over 100 people have tried them in the last few weeks with ery encouraging feedback.

I wish I could legally start now because people are already asking.

well, lots of info in the Biz sections regarding that also!  Nice to hear you're getting good feedback.  That's how most start out.

Yet another good review for the jelly. And yesterday, a couple liked the jelly so much that they made me a pumpkin chiffon pie.

Screenshot_2013-11-30-08-49-36-1.png

Back