• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Which would you choose?

I'm getting ready to buy some bloom fertilizer and can't decide which one so like the title says which one and why would you choose a 4-18-38 or 5-15-14 ?

Chiles are not very engineered and can't use lots of fertilizer. Peppers bloom and grow simultaneously so I keep with the same NPK ratios for the whole time. I use Fish, Kelp, and Seaweed the entire time and it works for me.

I am using the 5-15-14 this season to go along with miracle gro ------ but I'm only in my 3rd season....so you know more than I. 

I was told at a hydroponic store that to use the 5-15-14 by itself when the plant flowers to get more pods and until then go even steven with npk....I guess I'll find out.

Anyway just sharing what I was told as I know I'm not an expert.

Make sure you get something with calcium + magnesium or add that in your fert regimen. Lower nitro seems like it would help plant concentrate more on pods than veg growth.

5-15-14 - you don't need 38 for potassium, that's high. I believe I read somewhere that high potassium can cause the plant to be unable to absorb magnesium.

I went with the 5-15-14 didn't like the 38 on the k in the other either. I have calmag on hand if needed. Thanks to everyone who replied much appreciated.

Back