• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

While in Alabama…

While visiting my family in B'ham, AL. I went to a small nursery and found some Black Pearls just sitting on a shelf. I asked the guy if they where for sale and he sold me one for a dollar! They had some other cool variaties but wasn't interested. Freakin cool I got one for a dollar, and ready to plant!

Lol, I just got home from the trip. I will post pics tonight when I get home from work. I end up getting some Cow horn peppers and the one Black Pearl, along with a chocolate colored bell peppers. Yum!

Lol, I just got home from the trip. I will post pics tonight when I get home from work. I end up getting some Cow horn peppers and the one Black Pearl, along with a chocolate colored bell peppers. Yum!

Sounds like a great find!! You say you got some cow horn too. I have one plant of those as well and growing them for the first time too. I hope yours turn out well.

BlackPearl2.jpg

This is my new beauty, my black pearl. Can't wait for full growth!

I live about 10 miles north of B'ham, what nursery was this at?
Let me get the address for you. Sorry I don't know it off the top of my head.

Sounds like a great find!! You say you got some cow horn too. I have one plant of those as well and growing them for the first time too. I hope yours turn out well.
My buddy gave me that plant but let me try some of his that was ready to eat. It was very tasty pepper. Not hot at all just tasty. Good for pickling or salads!

Never seen that one. I live in Fayette county. Next time I am around B'Ham I might check that nursury out.

Back