chinense White Bhuts that turn red.

I have been growing white ghost that transitions green, white, rot.  Its a smoother less gnarly ghost with fairly thick walls.  I know there is at least one other white ghost out there.  One that goes green, white, red, rot.  A few people have indicated it is not the real white ghost because it ripens to red.  I just think it is another variety I'd like to grow.  Thing is, I am not sure there is a name for it, seed suppliers seem to list only 1 white ghost, and none seem to say if it is the one that transitions red or not.

Does anyone know if there is a separate name or way of identifying the seed stock I am looking for?  Other than asking each seed dealer and then trusting s/he grew them his or her self and knows the answer?

Had the same thing happen to me this year. What was suppose to be bhut white tuned out red. Mine had the taste and heat level of a common bhut. Mine came from Tradewinds seeds ( which always seems to be a hit and miss for me). I never put all my eggs in one basket so taking a loss ain't so bad ( most of my good fortune comes from trade with friends ).

I have some of those white ghost.Mine were from a guy in NC.We did a trade some how he sent me two different types.I had some killer ones too.I didn't grow them this year.I am glad the pods are still in my freezer. :doh:

Robbyjoe, mine did not turn red.  Looking for the ones that do.  Will look at the seed company you got yours from.

Pepperguy, nice to know I am not the only nut who sometimes does more than one type of the same name.  I am such a variety whore.

I have some dried pods of them left. Would be happy to send them to you(also got a killer strain of bhut jolokia X de Neyde)

Robbyjoe, I love to trade seeds. If they went white before red, they are the one I am looking for.   Please follow the link in my signature and let me know what youd like in exchange.

Back