• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

White Hab's

Well, I have finally grown some White Hab's and was just curious as to the size of the peppers and the taste. I pick one yesterday from my plant because it had turned from green to white. It is a 1" long and I believe that is really small. I don't know what the normal size is because this is my first time growing them. I also ate one yesterday and was very supprised to find out that it has a very pungent orange Hab taste. Not a bad thing at all just more than I was expecting, I guess. Not really sure what I was expecting out of this pepper other than i wanted it to be like a orange hab, and it is just very strong taste, not to mention Hot!! I just wanted to know if i had done this correctly. I have fruit on all of my plants but the Chocolate Habs. None, other than the White Habs have ripend yet. What else can I do to move this along. They have all been planted in pots since April and out doors just as long too. Like I said before, this is my first time with any of this. My Jalapeno's are good to go and have been picking them for the last month or so, all others have some sort of fruit on them and could be picked if it where ripe enough. Does having them in pots hinder them from growing? I use Miricle Grow potting soil. So, confused please help.

Well the Peruvian Whites are indeed small, about 2cm long. the flavor is intensely smoky and there's a lot of it. good peppers.
There are other white C. chinense of different sizes and flavors, but the common ones are like you described.

Well the Peruvian Whites are indeed small, about 2cm long. the flavor is intensely smoky and there's a lot of it. good peppers.
There are other white C. chinense of different sizes and flavors, but the common ones are like you described.
Nice so I did it right then!! Thank you very much.

IM003858.jpg

I grew this a year or so ago.
Pods were pure white not the usual yellow white.
1Gal. pot

Here is one of my peppers. I know it is shitty quality, but i am using my sorry ass Iphone and this is the best i could do at work. It is more of a yellow color then white. I may have picked it to early. I am concerned about the size though. It doesn't look that big at all.

photo.jpg

DSC04433.jpg

Here is one of my peppers. I know it is shitty quality, but i am using my sorry ass Iphone and this is the best i could do at work. It is more of a yellow color then white. I may have picked it to early. I am concerned about the size though. It doesn't look that big at all.

photo.jpg

DSC04433.jpg

That looks like the variety I'm growing this year, havent got any ripe pods yet though. I've heard some ripen anything from ivory to a yellow. The one I have is called Peruvian white, but I think white bullet, and white lightning are simliar if not the same I'll compare when they finally ripen.

I got some of these as extras from Cappy. Their very tasty, and got a nice little bite to them. I call them little candy drops, good for keeping up the resistance to hot peppers. :dance: :dance:

Let me tell ya, I waited just a week or so longer and they do turn to an ivory white color and have the same taste but a better bite when fully ripend. Now that you have mentioned the name White Lightning, it may have been those instead. Not sure because I didn't write it down when sorting the seeds at the beginning of the season. Leason learned for next year. They have a really good taste to them for sure!

That looks like the variety I'm growing this year, havent got any ripe pods yet though. I've heard some ripen anything from ivory to a yellow. The one I have is called Peruvian white, but I think white bullet, and white lightning are simliar if not the same I'll compare when they finally ripen.

Vladen (915river) has a White Lightning listed on his site as producing 2" long pods.

The variety I have producers smaller pods that are up to 2 cm long and ripen to a pale yellow. I'm interested in how the whites stack up against each other as this particular variety did well in my conditions when other C. Chinense varieties failed to set fruit.

Neil compared a Yucatan White plant to a Peruvian White plant in the Chilli Tests "Yucatan White Habanero" Capsicum Chinense video.

Back